During Dificid Treatment

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
cballew
New User

During Dificid Treatment

Postby cballew » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm midway of 10-day Dificid treatment. I have very little diarrhea now but also no BMs. What is happening to the food I'm eating? Is something dangerous going on in my intestines?

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: During Dificid Treatment

Postby seekingcure » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:34 pm

How long has it been since you've had a BM? I think it's likely just that you were so cleaned out from all the D that it's going to take a while to get back to regular BM's. That said, if you are having pain or discomfort or if it goes on for longer than a few days, contact your doctor and see what they advise. Hope you get back to normal soon. Bea
Bea

cballew
New User

Re: Post FMT

Postby cballew » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:09 pm

I had a FMT about 1 month ago. Just prior, I had tested negative for C Diff, but went ahead to hopefully assist with delaying any recurrence. In past 3 days, my BMs (3) have been the color of tan clay. Anyone experience this and did it resolve without treatment?

I expected that my gastro system would return to its old normal, but that has not happened. Still learning how to deal with this new normal - are foods, probiotics, turmeric supplement affecting the frequency and consistency of BMs? Are donor's characteristics transferred to me? Pre-FMT, BMs were 2-3/day; now usually only 1/day and more like they were end of vanco treatment than before C Diff.

Thank you for administering this site that is so supportive. Where else could one ask these type questions and expect a realistic response?

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: During Dificid Treatment

Postby Bobbie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:26 pm

You need to contact the doctor who performed your FMT. Some FMT's are almost like a miracle - others, not so much. Mine was the latter - but it did eliminate my C. diff.

Did your doctor advise you to start eating fiber foods? Mine did, and it was helpful. I eat a lot of beans, fresh veggies, etc. and take a fiber supplement (Benefiber) 3X a day. Others on the site take other fiber supplements like Citracel and Metamucil. The fiber "feeds" the new good bacteria. It's usually best to start slowly and work up.

I recently went to the UK and packed my Benefiber in a plastic baggie in my carryon. I thought they might think it was "another sort of drug" but I sailed through without a problem.

The color usually reflects what you have eaten. Often, it takes awhile to return to normal. We call this "bumps in the road."

Contact your doctor re. this. Best of luck and let us know what happens.

Return to “Too Much Information”