Covid vaccine

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Yanikj
Brand New Poster

Covid vaccine

Postby Yanikj » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:44 am

Hi, I was wondering if anyone that has had an FMT recently has had the covid vaccine. I had an FMT on June 21st, and am worried that the shot will mess up my new gut biome. I messaged my doctor that did my procedure and asked him, and he said I would be fine to take it. But I have researched c diff and vaccine and have had very mixed messages about it. Some people have been fine, but then some people have relapsed. I am so scared to do anything if I think it might cause relapse. I have had c diff 3 times, and am slowly doing better after fmt. Anyone out there going through same issue?

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: Covid vaccine

Postby GtrGrl » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:55 am

Completely understand your worries on relapsing and potential to bring this upon ourselves.

I had my second vaccine 2 days before FMT. It did not impact on the effectiveness of the procedure.

Think you also have to bear in mind the risk of catching Covid and being really ill if you don’t get the shot.

Hope that helps.
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

Yanikj
Brand New Poster

Postby Yanikj » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:39 pm

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. Hope you are doing well too!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:54 pm

I had FMT years ago, but my digestive tract has never been the same since c diff and any meds or different foods can set it off. After my first Covid vaccine, I had a little looser stool the next day and so did my husband. It was only once and that was it. After the second shot, it did not happen. People can relapse after FMT with or without having vaccinations and the people that say they relapsed, may have done so anyway. You need to weigh the risk of getting Covid. I know 6 people who have died of Covid and the last one was only 38. I live in a big city and did not want to run this risk, so I got fully vaccinated and plan to take the booster when it is time to do so in a couple of months.

Yanikj
Brand New Poster

Postby Yanikj » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:04 pm

Thank you for your response. I know, its very scary to think about getting covid. I do plan on getting the vaccine, I was just trying to wait and let the fmt set in as long as possible. I'm 10 weeks today. Was trying to hold out till 12 weeks. Thank you so much for telling me your experience.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:09 am

I had the JJ vaccine and experienced not 1 single side effect. Unfortunately I now have a breakthrough from delta and tested positive for covid a few days ago. My son who is unable to get the vaccine as he had myocarditis from an infection when he was younger also has it. He was sick although not horribly for a few days and is on the mend and now can’t wait to go back to school. I’ve had what I would call a bad cold/flu that pre covid just about anyone would have chalked up as a cold and powered through. No taste or smell was a dead give away and I work around the health care sector so I tested right away when I felt rundown and started sneezing with a sore throat. I ate a jalapeño last night and it was the weirdest thing ever. Eyes were watering and nose running yet no taste whatsoever. To bad I couldn’t go and do the hot wing challenge right now cause I’d break every record ever lol.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:05 pm

Caution on the wings.
Might not burn on the way in but certainly will on the way out.

Return to “FMT Discussion”