Struggling - relapse?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Struggling - relapse?

Postby Ali-Mar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 am

I have been having watery D since Sunday for last 4 days. Sunday had 7 bowel movement 4 were watery . Monday had two bowel one watery and one loose. Tuesday had 3 bowel all watery and today it is 8:50 AM and already had two pure watery bowels

As some of you know , I had the FMT July of 2020 and since I struggled with IBS but never like this, my IBS symptoms most of time would last one day or two days but nothing like this.

To make things worst, I traveled to Vancouver yesterday on a business trip as I thought it was IBS and will clear, but gotten worst since....it is very rough to manage this ... I need to stay in Canada for 13 more days..

This sound like C Diff is back and need to find some florster in Vancouver .. Doe anyone knows where they sell it?

Where do I go to doctor in Vancouver if it comes to that?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

roy
Administrator

Re: Struggling - relapse?

Postby roy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:11 pm

Do you have trip insurance?

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Roy, I am not sure, I have to ask my company. BTW I found some Florster at Shopper store ,
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:33 pm

I’m so sorry to hear. I did read the book “c diff in 30 mins”and they have different cases. Once case was about an individual who has bad WD after treatment. Worse than C diff. Turns out she had IBS bad. Maybe a quick call to your provider can point you in the right direction for when traveling. I know that pepto helps me with ibs and I’m comfortable taking it since it won’t mask c diff.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:01 am

I took Pepto when traveling when I tested positive for c difficile. My Gi told me to take some with each main meal and it helped. It is possible that you picked up some other bacteria or maybe a virus. I had campylobacter infection that was identical to c diff with symptoms. I just took Pepto and it cleared on its own. Call your Gi and see what he/she recommends. Maybe they know a doctor in Vancouver.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:50 pm

Thank you Beth and Lissaucd

I am down two one or two bowels per day now, but still both are watery D sorry for the TMI... This has been going for 6 days now... Maybe Peto and Florster are helping to lower the numbers of bowl per day

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:25 pm

No such thing as TMI with c diff! I would try and stick to bland foods- potatoes helped me a lot. I would eat them baked, air fried etc. I’m sure being away from home doesn’t help your stomach either. That great it’s calming down! I’ve been told over and over thar pepto will not ask c diff. You could have caught a stomach bug that may seem similar to c diff. We have to remember that our stomachs are “special” and that a stomach bug may be a challenge for us and we may have harsher symptoms. YOU GOT THIS! It’s getting better!

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:49 pm

I haven't eating out over a year now. And I cooking at the hotel even now. All I have had since Sunday ( last 6 days) is boiled potato and boiled chicken breast. . Again today , I had two bowels ( it is 11:00 AM here) and one was watery

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:14 pm

I know it’s nerve racking! But it’s slowing down, you have had two bowel movements Ans one wasn’t water D. It’s getting better. I would keep with bland diet, watch a movie for distraction and snack on crackers.It’s giving your stomach time to chill out. Remember, it’s not getting worse it’s getting better.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:06 pm

I need help, it is getting worst. I must figure out a way to seek medical help and get tested while in Vancouver. I am 90% sure I have C . Diff. I had 5 bowels today so far and 4 were watery D and one loose. I have been having problem for 6 days now Sunday. Today, I am having most of the symptoms that I had when had C Diff. Body aches ( back and side of body), fatigue. I get tried by taking on the phone!!

I sent an email to my HR today to check if we have traveler insurance. But it is weekend, so I called my health insurance and they are closed too for for the weekend. Above all, I am supporting broadcasting of live World Rugby 7s here today and tomorrow. It is going to be very bad to leave. It is too late to send some one else to cover for me . I am also covering next weekend Rugby which is out of Edmonton, AB but for that I might have time to get some one else to support it

It is mess!! I it gotten so much worst.. there was one day on Thursday that felt somewhat better, and had one soft bowel that, but the other 5 days have been very bad. I don't feel comfortable telling my work about this. This is my 1st business trip since I had got C Diff Feb 2020. I normally travel 50% of time!! ugh
Regards,
Ali

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm

Okay, I would go to the hotel desk and ask where whether there is an urgent care or clinic open on weekends. They will know. Monday, call your insurance Ans tell them what happened so they can handle it. I would give your work a call and tell them that you have health condition that requires immediate attention and you may not be able to cover the next event.

Do you have a 24/7 nurse on call through your insurance? I have kaiser and they have docs and nurses.they can tell you what to take to ease the symptoms of c diff. If you don’t think you can cover this weekend- ask for coverage and help. Unexpected events happen, life happens, sometimes you have to put yourself first especially your health.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:59 pm

Do NOT mention the word relapse to a travel insurance company!
They would deny the claim as a pre existing condition and you would have to argue with them.
Simply inform them you have D and need medical attention.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:22 pm

Some hotels have drs they can call to the rooms. They may be able to prescribe based on symptoms and history and get a sample to a lab…who knows? When I was overseas my friend got sick and the front desk summoned a dr to her room.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:07 pm

I posted my update on the wrong discussion post; here is the update

had 7 days of watery day 2- 7 bowels per day. I traveled back to US just to test . But I haven't had any bowl movement on 3 days now! Is this IBS?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:47 pm

If you test, test for other things besides c difficile. You could have caught another pathogen like e coli, campylobacter or salmonella. I just read that there were salmonella cases in half of the states and they haven't figured out the food source. Some people get D when they travel. It could be IBS, a virus. Good you are doing better. Talk to your doctor and see about what to test if symptoms come back.

Return to “Too Much Information”