An update on me

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
poppy86
Regular Contributor

An update on me

Postby poppy86 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:21 am

It's been a year now since I finished my treatment for c.diff. I still have pi-ibs, but I eat everything, without regard to how it will affect me. If it gives me D it gives me D.

My mental health drastically worsened in the past year. Three weeks ago I attempted suicide and ended up in the ICU, barely survived. But I'm still here, taking Prozac and hoping it helps.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: An update on me

Postby Ril » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Poppy, it’s good to hear from you but sorry about your struggles.
I am glad you are alive and hope you are getting the mental health support you need from a good therapist and having your meds evaluated. That means everything.
As far as the IBS, I struggled terribly and still do but have tried many meds. Viberzi can work miracles when all else fails. You might want to inquire about Enteragam, a course of xifaxan or Viberzi, if you have not tried any of those. They have all been successful for either me or other posters.

Hang in there. Reach out to others when you need to. I am sure your dr can help you set up a plan.
Best of luck for staying physically and emotionally healthy.

Rita

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi, Poppy!

I am so sorry to hear about your mental health struggles, but so glad you survived. Prozac has helped many (including my own mother). I agree with Ril - and hope you have a good therapist and all the support you need during this time. I did EMDR therapy after c diff to help with trauma and PTSD and found it to be a huge help. Not sure if it would be helpful to you, but might be worth a look.

As for the P-IBS, Enteragam helped me early on in my recovery six years ago. I still have IBS occasionally but I try to ignore it. Hang in there and know we are rooting for you.

Nikki

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Thank you for your support Ril and NikaNik. At the moment I'm doing okay, I think the prozac is helping. I've also been seeing a therapist, and we're actually planning on starting EMDR soon.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi Poppy,

So sorry to hear about your struggle and I am very glad that you are alive. Please stay well and away for the negative thoughts. I think you and I were on treatment for C Diff around the same timeframe. I had FMT 11 months ago after 3 relapses. I still struggle with IBS and I am still on Low FODMAP diet ...
Hang in there. Things will get better for all of us, it is just a matter of time
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”