Newly diagnosed with c diff

Post any updates here but please note we are not experts, this is for support only
Jans62
Brand New Poster

Newly diagnosed with c diff

Postby Jans62 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:34 am

Hi everyone,
I was just diagnosed the c diff. It’s hard to get info that isn’t frightening. Will life ever be back to normal? Is this a low survival disease?

roy
Administrator

Re: Newly diagnosed with c diff

Postby roy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:40 pm

Half a million diagnosed cases per year in US, probably same amount again that's not diagnosed.
Most are cured with one course of meds or just get better without even realizing they had it.
Elderly people with other diseases and conditions are at greater risk of being seriously I'll with it.
For the vast majority it's nothing more than a few days inconvenience.
The info you read is mainly about the few with serious disease.
Theres no interest in writing about the millions of people that poop for a few days and get better!
It's not time to worry yet.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Newly diagnosed with c diff

Postby Ali-Mar » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:47 pm

Jans62, so sorry to hear you have C Diff, please note Flagyl is no longer recommended for C Diff , they use Vanco and Difcid now. If it is not too late, I would ask dr for the Dificid
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “Covid-19 discussion”