Anyone heard of an infusion called ZINPLAVA

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Avalon18
Regular User

Re: Anyone heard of an infusion called ZINPLAVA

Postby Avalon18 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:25 pm

Pfried wrote:
> Hi, wondering how you responded to the combination of Zinplava and
> Difficid? I have heard excellent things about them. Recommended by my ID
> doctor.

Right now, I still have discomfort. I have a lot of gas pain, 3-4 BM per day, and occasional D. My doctor is sending me for stool test and a WBC test. It is possible that I have IBS and not a relapse. I finished the Dificid about 3 weeks ago.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:56 pm

Talk with your GI about IBS, there are medications that can help. I am 3 1/2 months out from a Dificid taper and have IBS often. Some good days, some bad days.
It is very typical for Post CDIFF symptoms.

Take Care

NanciT

Jodi2021
Brand New Poster

Postby Jodi2021 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:22 pm

I was just made privy to this from the gastro at the SER-109 trial study today. He said it is a 1 time vaccine for CDiff that I should follow up with my gastro about. Curious if anyone responds that has had it.

Avalon18
Regular User

Postby Avalon18 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:46 pm

After 30 days had passed since my last round of treatments - Zinplava followed by Dificid - my doctor ordered PCR testing for c. diff toxin. The test was negative. A WBC stool test, leukocytes, has also been ordered. It appears as if the c. diff has cleared, from lack of symptoms and test results, but it is my guess that IBS is now my major challenge. The symptoms are mixed, so I’m not sure about what treatments may be effective. In addition, I have GERD, which has worsened some.

Zinplava is a monoclonal antibody, but not a vaccine. I read about research towards a c. diff vaccine, but I’m not aware of any progress on one yet.

Bure96
Regular User

Postby Bure96 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:40 pm

My ID doctor said that because I can't get a FMT right now due to a lack of available stool samples because of COVID, he could try to get me into an ongoing open label clinical trial for this. I am definitely considering it. He made it out to be basically FMT but with lab-grown clostridium cultures, but from what I can find it's basically like a super probiotic.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:34 pm

https://www.rxlist.com/zinplava-drug.htm

Zinplava is nothing like a probiotic. It is a treatment of monoclonal antibodies.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:53 pm

Dr was possibly thinking about Sers-109 trials.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”