Why PI-IBS

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
bimelime
New User

Why PI-IBS

Postby bimelime » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:54 am

Why does PI IBS have to be like this? Why does it have to feel exactly like having cdiff? Why does it have to act up at random and cause the same pain, the same sense of having to run to the bathroom, the same gurgling feeling in my stomach? Its been almost 2 years for me now since I stopped antibiotics and im getting tested again but I am absolutely terrified to recieve another positive back because now I dont know what im going to do and I dont know if I have it in me to go through another antibiotic treatment cycle. Thanks to everyone for listening to me vent over the years and thank you for putting up with my constant repetitive complaints. Thank you for all the reassurance youve provided but im just scared now. Wish those results could come back immediately but oh well thats life.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Why PI-IBS

Postby beth22 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:02 am

The problem with IBS is that it comes and goes and is unpredictable. There are medications to help symptoms and maybe your GI can prescribe you one. Hopefully, you do not have c difficile again. If you test, have them do a stool culture for other pathogens as well. Maybe it is a virus that you picked up. Everyone is under a lot of stress these days too and that can contribute to IBS symptoms. It does for me.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Re: Why PI-IBS

Postby hledgess » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:36 pm

Im with you! I was doing great after I took vanco.. tested negative in April .. but this week has been really bad.. my belly is gurgling and gassy and weird stool.. I’m in pain al day and night .. like what is going on?! I was just fine .. always eating whatever I wanted.. now I’m on a heating pad waiting to go back to sleep.. I’m going to try n wait it out a bit and then test bc idk how I’d have gotten it again unless like before it just germinated and took over again?

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”