Flu shot side effects!

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Flu shot side effects!

Postby Ali-Mar » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:06 pm

I have been getting a flu shot every year for the last 10 years or so, but I didn't have C Diff. I contracted C Diff in Feb 2020.

The flu shots worked for me for most years. There was one year yearly 2000 that it was for the wrong virus, so I end up getting flu that year. Side effects are very minor, minor symptoms of a cold for a few days after the shot and the local pain in the arm

Now that I know there is abx in the flu shot, I might not take one this year. I will discuss that with my dr

Thanks for sharing the chart Elvish, I will share that with my dr
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:05 pm

I am an RN who had c diff almost 8 years ago and a moderator on this site. I have been getting flu shots every year with no problem. I have no worries that there is any concern about significant antibiotics or it would be in the consent questionnaire.
I am more concerned about getting a serious case of influenza, especially this year with Covid-19.

Rita

emb
Brand New Poster

Postby emb » Sun May 02, 2021 11:27 am

In 2017 I received a flu shot and came down with C-diff symptoms within 48 hours (was diagnosed a week later...I had not previously been on antibiotics or have other common risk factors). I have no idea if the two were connected, but always wondered if I was harboring C-Diff and the flu shot was enough strain on my immune system to let it take over.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”