Saw GI Doctor Today

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
DaveMal
New User

Saw GI Doctor Today

Postby DaveMal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:14 pm

It's been a few days since I've finished round two of Flagyl and I'm feeling okay. Some pains come and go. Bathroom experience isn't fantastic but there's no D or anything yet.

The GI was disappointed in the use of Flagyl, of course. I'm feelingl good about having a knowledgable doctor I can call now should things go south again. I even got a test kit ready just in case and there is a on sight lab (I believe it's on sight). So if I need to test, I should know the results within one day, instead of nine days. Here's hoping I won't need it. The doctor told me to be positive :)

Since in the moment I trip over my thoughts and words, I'm glad I typed up my notes and questions to bring. After reading a post on this forum suggesting helpful tips for doctors visits, I also typed up a summary with dates of my adventure so far with this disease (forgive me I've forgotten which long time member posted it and where) which they attached to my chart for the doctor. He thanked me for them as it made an easy reference to my experience.

Thank you so much to all the people who post your experiences, knowledge, advice, and support here. It has been a tremendous help in navigating the journey through this. Apart from these intermittent pains, I'm feeling better than I have in a while. Crossing my fingers for the next few weeks.

Thank You,
David

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Saw GI Doctor Today

Postby NanciT » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:07 pm

Happy to hear all went well with the GI!! Great news! Also that everything is good so far for you, just remember it all takes time and now that you have a good GI, it helps a great deal should anything come up in the future.

So happy you brought in your notes and history!!

Wishing you a smooth recovery!

NanciT

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Davemai,
Glad the doc hints and info on site helped you. C diff is a stressful disease and best to have your "ducks in a row."

Feel better.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:14 pm

How are you felling Dave, hope the Flagyl worked
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

DaveMal
New User

Postby DaveMal » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:49 am

Thank you Ali-Mar. I'm still feeling pretty good considering. Trying not to stress over all the residual symptoms that wax and wane. You know how it goes. My mental state has been slowly improving since coming off the Flagyl. Brain fog still sets in by afternoon, but overall feeling better. While on the second round of flagyl I was able to vary my diet a little more and I'm eating better now. Still want to diversify more but I'm a bit cautious.

It's early days, yet, but I'm actually beginning to feel a bit hopeful. Maybe I got lucky. Time will Tell.

David

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 am

That is awesome, it looks like Flagyl worked for you, that is so great...keeping my fingers crossed for you
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 pm

DaveMal, add new foods slowly so you know what you are tolerating and don’t get scared if you have a poor reaction to a new food.
I would avoid heavy fiber as most of us have trouble with that for a while, so avoid raw veggies, salad and the like, fried foods, limit dairy and sweets. Those seem to be the hardest to tolerate.

Good luck!
Rita

Return to “Free Form Discussion”