So confused- every day is different.

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Aed
New User

So confused- every day is different.

Postby Aed » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:47 am

I'm so dang confused. I'm 9 months since taking Vanco taper and every day is still so different. I have times where I will go a week or two without any D (usually Bristol 6 when I do have it), but most days I start off with a formed one and then have a Bristol type 6 one once a day, sometimes twice a day. Never had 3x a day for 3 days in a row since taper. Have had D 3x a day a few times but never back to back days.

Has anyone had this in recovery? Like having Bristol type 6 once a day after having a formed one? It's so frustrating because I'm still so worried and it is consuming my mind. Ugh! I have tried Questran but it makes me nauseous.

From what I've read on here, I wouldn't be having formed ones at all if cdiff was back, right?

roy
Administrator

Re: So confused- every day is different.

Postby roy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm

Your ongoing symptoms are still far more likely to be related to having your gall bladder removed than they are c.diff related.

Aed
New User

Postby Aed » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:01 pm

So basically I need to quit worrying, Roy?! I like how you tell it like it is! Thank you for your advice. The thing that does have me confused is when I seem to have really off days I do notice long strands of brown M (tmi) so I wonder if that would be gallbladder related or PI IBS? My mom said I need to stop looking and that is probably right.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:02 am

Have you spoken to your doctor about possible gall bladder issues? I know people who have gall bladder problems and take digestive enzymes and it has helped them. Some posters have mentioned doing that after c diff too. You should tell your doctor what you are experiencing and ask about that. Did Questran help you with those symptoms? It makes me nauseated too, but there are other meds that are similar that might not have the same effect for you.

Aed
New User

Postby Aed » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:49 pm

I tried to take questran and it made me feel horrible. I even tried taking a half dose but still bad stomach aches so I quit taking it. So I didn't take it long enough (like 4 days) to know if it would help.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:39 am

It did not agree with me either. Ask about the digestive enzymes.

Aed
New User

Postby Aed » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:28 am

I know it sounds like gallbladder, but just want to clarify...I wouldn't have formed or semi-formed ones in between D or have some days without D if it was c diff, right? Can't seem to shake this anxiety.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:30 pm

You could have c diff with formed stools, but it would probably be a very low grade case. I had low grade for a long time and my doctors advised me not to treat. I just took Pepto Bismol.

Return to “Too Much Information”