Oral steriod and C-diff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Spike
Contributor

Oral steriod and C-diff

Postby Spike » Thu May 21, 2020 9:56 pm

I was wondering if anyone has taken and oral steriod and how it has had an effect on relapse or not. I have been battle my ears since I had the flu and C diff 3 months ago and have exhausted all conservative methods that are safe. My ent said it had potential risk so I asked my GI doctor and he said I am at no more increased risk than base line but will always have a potential because well I had c diff. I still have to take florastor and kefir to keep my stools normalize. I can eat about 85% of my normal foods. I am 3 month out from c diff treatment. I am just tired of these ears and they have me very down because of the pain, ringing, and popping. This is the next step before tubes and I really dont want them if this will work. Tube pose there own risk. He is giving me half the dosage he would normally perceive because of the c diff history. Any thoughts, previous experience?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Oral steriod and C-diff

Postby NanciT » Sun May 24, 2020 8:27 pm

I can see no responses here, I am unsure how many go on steroids post CDIFF but I am sure there have been some. Often once people recover they move on and get better and we don't see then back on the site. It sounds like there were no options for you, the only other person you may want to check in with is your pharmacist.

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Mon May 25, 2020 10:22 am

Thank you Nancy. I decided to take the risk because I have to do something before I go crazy. I am on day three of the 6. Belly has been a little upset so far but not c diff wise. Unfortently I not see a change in my ears. So rosking it may all be for nothing. I had to try.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon May 25, 2020 11:20 am

Good luck Spike, hope it will work for you. Since you are on steroid and while on it, I would eat only cooked food and not eat out, and make sure to thoroughly wash my hand before eating, to avoid reinfection, since the immune system is suppressed etc
Last edited by Ali-Mar on Mon May 25, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon May 25, 2020 1:45 pm

I have taken oral steroids at least twice since c diff with no problems however both times were several years after my infection and cure.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”