Scared of relapse

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Scared of relapse

Postby hledgess » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:12 pm

So I finished my vanco taper last Friday so I’m about 10 days out .. I’ve had great bm since my body adjusted to the taper and been fine .. I started to not have an appetite due to allergies and cough and with all the stress of the corona virus .. I’m way to skinny and wanted to gain weight not lose more.. anyway I was doing good .. until today.. I was actually hungry so took my allergy meds n a yogurt and was ok but was still hungry .. I forgot I bought frozen gluten free blueberry waffles( that’s all that was left) and ate two.. I had cramps and just took gas x hoping it’d go away bc it did yesterday .. but it didn’t and I had D .. this is the first tile in about a month so I’m of course freaking out.. could it have been me overloading my system? Bc I don’t eat things like that.. especially in the morning .. usually just a banana or yogurt sometimes both .. anyone had this happen and not relapse ? Bc I’m terrified .. can’t afford to have this again.. bleach wipes are sold out everywhere ..I need to gain weight ..

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Scared of relapse

Postby beth22 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:49 pm

I became intolerant to yogurt after I finished vanco. It didn't hit me all at once. Maybe you don't tolerate it well either. Try and write down what you eat in a food diary and see if you find any patterns. Meanwhile, don't panic. IBS type symptoms are common and it could just be one of the things you ate and the stess over the corona virus doesn't help. I would take Pepto Bismol when this type of thing happened. If it continues, tell your doctor. My relapses always seemed to come about 3 or 4 weeks after stopping treatment.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Yogurt I do fine with I’ve eaten it everyday sometimes twice for months now w no issues at all ... it was waffles.. they were gluten free too bc that’s all that was left ... my first bm was fine.. n that’s when I decided to eat the waffles ..then the cramps cramps came and eventually had to go.. now waffles and pancakes didn’t agree w me before so I wonder if that’s just something I can’t eat.. especially in the morning .. just really freaked me out .. bc I had bad cramps yesterday but nothing came of it...I will stay away from them for sure! Just wanted to know if anyone else has this issue w out a relapse bc I’m scared .. I also am wag to thin and need to gain weight but it’s hard when you can’t eat sweets and carbs and those are the things that make u gain

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:30 am

My back hurt all day after I went yesterday and just now I thought I had to owe so bad but didn’t but after my entire pelvic area hurts .. I just want to go back to sleep bc it’s early and I don’t leave for work now .. Ik I’ve had this before but I don’t remember if it was during d ciff or not.. really don’t want to go to a dr but the pain is kinda intense sometimes .. I was supposed to have a ct to make sure I didn’t have kidney stones and it was cancelled due to corona..I think u can have belly issues w those too .. so could be either ig .. anyone have any insight into either way? Pain bc of going still almost a day later or have had kidney stones? Bc I thought it was my period but had sharp come n go lain in my lower back and sides

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi heldgess,
Hope you are doing better today? I also finished Vanco on Friday (4 days off the Vanco). And I also have constant back pain, constant falls urge for bowel movement and abdominal pain and discomfort. This my first time contracting C Diff so I don’t know much, but I am hoping the back pain, constant urge for BM, and abdominal discomfort are all part of the recovery. I am planning to wait one or two more days and if the symptoms persist I will call my doctor to get his opinion. Once again I hope you are getting better
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:42 pm

Well my update is yesterday I didn’t have to go.. today I got up and thought I had to many times but didn’t have to.. finally got up super late and ate a banana and yogurt which has been my normal for 3 months .. and went a pretty normal poop imo lol and then while showering I started to have cramps .. I’m so confused by this .. took some pepto and hoping for the best

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:39 pm

You know your body best, but after I went off vanco, I could no longer tolerate yogurt or bananas. During treatment I ate a banana a day.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:45 am

Oh that’s super weird .. did it take awhile ? Bc it’s been 11 days off of it and it just started a couple days ago with cramping.. I eat several bananas a day...yesterday I had several n was ok too .. this entire ordeal is the most confusing thing

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”