How Y'all Feeling About The Coronavirus

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
roy
Administrator

Re: How Y'all Feeling About The Coronavirus

Postby roy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Bars restaurants theaters gyms etc now ordered closed.
80% of wages guaranteed by government so that's a relief as come Monday I was having to lay off 13 employees.
My company is finished though, I dont think it will trade again.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:08 pm

I am so sorry Roy, it must be difficult. I am afraid several businesses will not survive.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Sorry to hear that Roy. There’s gonna be many here in the states that will take down there sign I’m afraid.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Roy- I tried making your yogurt flatbread- too much fun! Already have plans to do it again. I served it to my mom with butter and cinnamon sugar, and she loved it. For lunch we're going to have it with peanut butter and sliced apples.

This is something you could do with your kids to break the monotony of staying home.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:33 pm

put 1 egg in a mug
about the same weight of flour
About the same weight of milk and a couple of spoons of olive oil
3 teaspoons sugar
mug should then be less than half full.
mix then put in microwave for 2 mins.
kids can watch as a cake pops up out of the top of the mug.
Add choc chips or sultanas to the mix if you want luxury.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 pm

I'll give it a try! My niece has a three and seven year old. I told her about the bread, and also the cake. She's a school teacher and not much of a cook, but she's looking for things to keep the kids engaged.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:10 pm

It worked well Roy! It's amazing to watch it pop up; definitely a good kid activity. Chocolate is a no-go for me right now, so I added a splash of vanilla instead. The consistency reminded me of a pudding cake. I think I'll add some small Apple pieces next time. Thanks for the tip!

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:08 am

Ohio is on a shelter at home order. Basically nothing has changed as far as what’s still open or what you can and can’t do. Factories weren’t taking this seriously as far as monitoring people’s temperatures and maintaining a 6ft distance. Now that the order is official it can be enforced to comply.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 pm

I hope that people comply. Here in CA people were flocking to the beaches and now they are enforcing that better. Plus it rained today so they will not go. I hope for everyone's sake that people take this seriously or we will all wind up with a case load like in NY and with hospitals unable to provide care for everyone. Medical professionals are putting their lives on the line for us and the least we can do is stay home the way that we have been asked to do.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:53 pm

My six yr old nephew is quarantined. More than likely just has some random sickness as there’s plenty going around. His moms in healthcare though, and they aren’t wasting any tests on people in Ohio who aren’t critically ill and or elderly.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:31 am

Same here. There aren't enough tests to go around.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am

Our regional hospital just stopped testing. They ran out of tests. There's a small emergency supply for the worst cases. Other supplies are also running out. They asked for volunteers to make masks.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:52 am

My sister works in a nursing home and woke up yesterday with a fever and said it felt like someone was setting on her chest. She called the health dept, as that’s what we’re supposed to do. Long story short, she was tested and will know the results in 2 days. Her son, my nephew was over here for supper on Monday (he’s six) and he woke up Tuesday with diahrrea and throwing up, which is a symptom for kids. He’s back to normal today but my sister was diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday and is under quarantine. What a mess!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Dont know if its hit your news yet but our priminister Borris has got it, and many of our other govt ministers as well.
Also Prince Charles.
This is BAD!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am

The news is all over here Roy. Sorry about the UK and other countries.
The doctors here are acknowledging how severe it is and the US has now surpassed every other country for the most cases in the world and we are running out of all equipment and are not doing enough testing.
Only 1 person thinks we are doing well and will be over this in a few weeks but I will not get political here.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”