How Y'all Feeling About The Coronavirus

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
D1dad
Regular Contributor

Re: How Y'all Feeling About The Coronavirus

Postby D1dad » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Ohio has 67 cases. Seems like our governor and his team did a fine job “flattening the curve” thus far. We needed to be 2 weeks ahead of Italy without a time machine. Hopefully this stays the course and we can all be in a good place in a month.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:23 pm

Read,this morning that Los Angeles County has 144 cases. Still hard to get tested, but I guess the more they test, the more positives there will be.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:29 am

Same here , tests are limited for the people that are presenting symptoms or for the people that came into the country from Italy , Spain , UK ,Israel etc. So far 217 cases in our country , and still counting. Hope the medical system won't collapse as it did in Italy .

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:30 am

UK is giving 2 numbers now.
Around 2000 confirmed by testing and diagnosed but over 55,000 actual cases and "it might be more"

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:12 am

Just been told my 9yo grandaughter is coughing badly.
No chance of testing.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:09 am

Oh no, Roy !! :( I am so sorry , i can only imagine the fear you and your loved ones are going trough . Is she also running a fever?
Hopefully it's just a cold or allergy.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:35 am

Yeah, sorry Roy. The great thing about kids is they recover fast and like nothing ever happened. Unfortunately unless your gravely Ill (at least here) you aren’t getting a test. A co workers son, which I just found out more than likely had it but was fine within 3 days. He had a 102 temp for around 12 hrs and then a sore throat and cough for a couple days after.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:57 am

Roy, how are her parents? Hopefully, this will pass and she will be fine. Please let us know.
She definitely can’t be tested?

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:29 am

Unfortunately without testing you pretty much need to treat any respiratory illness as COVID 19. Roy, I wish your family well.

Things are getting serious. The number of cases are starting to spike. Our schools are now closed to the end of April, and our city just prohibited public gatherings of two our more people for more than 10 minutes in public places. They are trying to stem the spread of coronaravirus among our homeless, a huge problem in our downtown area. They designated two parks for camping, but each camp has to be 50 feet apart.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:44 am

No fever yet, just a persistent cough.
Surprisingly she is eating a lot more than normal.
Her parents and brother are ok but have been told to isolate for 14 days.
Instruction are to assume its covid19.
Schools here are still open but several other kids in her school have been sent home today because of coughing.
Sunday is Mothers day here in UK.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:35 pm

Roy,
Bet she is a tough little gal like her g father. Prayers for her quick recovery.

Schools, gyms, theaters, sports events, restaurants closed in KS and MO. Even McDonalds is closed at most locations. Can get carryout some places. OMG! I am cooking!! Several cases Corona confirmed both states, and cases increasing.

Husband is sick with bad cough but no fever. He is not suffering well. UK family doing well so far. Older son thinks he had Corona several weeks ago but not tested.Younger son laid off from server job and is coming home. No comment.

Italy is bleeding. Lots of seniors.

Happy Mother's Day to your wife, daughter, and DIL.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Will keep your family in my prayers, Roy. Our schools will probably not be back in the classroom at all so I will be teaching online as will everyone else.

They have a couple of markets here that are letting senior citizens only go for the first hour. That may be helpful. I wish I could get all I need in one place like I used to, but that is impossible. Now there is no bread on the shelves because there was an article that you should stock up as you can freeze it. Last week it was canned fruits and applesauce. I never have baked bread in my entire life, but I may have to learn.

Let us know how your grand daughter and your family progress.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Announced that schools will close Friday but stay open for children of essential workers and kids who need feeding.
Buy flour and yogurt.
Mix half and half roll it out then grill or fry.
Makes superb flatbread.
Same here for seniors.
I prepped weeks ago, so can lock down and feed the family if needed.
London's hit bad.
Delivery supermarkets are booked up 6 weeks ahead.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:53 am

How the UK Roy? We saw basically next to no increase so either the projection of “100k” by now was grossly inflated or people are sick while not being tested, or what we’re doing is working. I was at the grocery store yesterday in search of the mythical loaf of bread and it was packed with old and young as if nothing was going on.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:16 am

We are seeing huge increases....where do you live D1dad? You must watch different news than I watch. I am watching right now and confirmed cases in US surpass 10,000. It is right up on the screen.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”