Not sure what is going on..

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
lila30
Contributor

Not sure what is going on..

Postby lila30 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:21 pm

So Monday January 27th after dinner, I had a milkshake from chick fil a. About half way in my milkshake, I had to throw up and had D. From having c.diff once before back in may 2018, all my fears started to come back. Since January 27th, I've been nauseated and have had D several times, even tonight. Went to my GI doctor that diagnosed and treated me for c.diff and he thought it was my gallbladder. I did an ultrasound and it came back normal. I bought some keifer and have been drinking that at work and for several days it seemed to help the nausea and D. Im going to go to a different GI and get a second opinion. Not sure if my c.diff is trying to come back. I have not taken any antibiotics since my c.diff treatment. I have touched antibiotics for my dog. She had a laceration so i had to wrap her antibiotics up in lunch meat and give it to her. Surely that couldn't give me a relapse? Im just so confused as to why im feeling like this.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Not sure what is going on..

Postby beth22 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:58 pm

I don't think touching antibiotics is going to give you anything. You may have a different infection. You could ask your doctor to test your stool with a culture and also c difficile. Pancreatic issues can cause your symptoms. I got them after c difficile. Good to get a second opinion.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Beth, would pancreatis show up on ultrasound? Yeah im definitely going to get a second opinion because something is going on for me to feel like this for 3 weeks. I mean when i'm drinking keifer the nausea subsides a little bit. My GI prescribed me anti acid pills cause he thought it maybe an ulcer. But I don't want to take any medication unless I know for certain that's what's wrong with me. That's how I got sick in the first place cause my Primary doctor said I had a sinus infection with out doing any testing and said here take amoxicillin and boom I get c.diff.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:17 am

Pancreatitis should show at the ultrasound .
Don't think that Cdiff is the cause of your ongoing issues . It may be the gallbladder , or gastritis , or another bug such as H Pylori , you definitely need to investigate further and maybe keep a bland diet for a couple of days until you feel better.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:57 am

My pancreatic cyst did not show on ultrasound, but did on MRI and MRCP. A blood test for pancreatic enzymes will show if you have elevated lipase or amylase. I did.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Thank you ladies, I have jotted down all the info as I can. I scheduled an appointment to see another GI doctor for a second opinion. He was chief resident for his hospital that he works at and read really good reviews on him. So im praying he will do his best to figure out what is wrong with me. Cause i'm starting to get depressed with this Nausea and D. As it brings back too many memories when I was fighting that nasty bacteria c.diff.

Mmp
Regular User

Postby Mmp » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:54 pm

Did you end up using boric acid for your bv?

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”