Don't know if I can handle another thing

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Spike
Contributor

Don't know if I can handle another thing

Postby Spike » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:57 pm

I haven't posted in a while. I went and had a second opinion done and confirmed that I do have c diff. I had to come off all my meds to be tested and was have D with flu like symptoms (original symptoms before meds). While my teat was running my whole house hold came down with influenza A. I was a lucky one and got a double ear infection. I been trying not to get antibiotics for the ear infection but it has been a week and not clearing. I started on Dificid yesterday because the nurse was a gate keeper and wouldn't call it in (whole other story). I am now having horrible nausea with that. I am just so sick with the ear infection and now the med. I pretty sure it not the flu causing symptoms as that been a week and a half ago. My D has subsided but the side effect are already harsh on me on day 2. Oh how am I going to make 9 more days. Just throwing a pitty party as 9 days feels like an eternity.

Zay
Regular User

Re: Don't know if I can handle another thing

Postby Zay » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 pm

When you feel like homogenized booty 9 days can indeed feel like an eternity. Hey, it happens. I had a combo of Flagyl and vanco that left me stuck on the couch crying because I was thoroughly convinced I was dying.

You got this. May wanna next day order some sea sick bands or if you are vomiting doctor on demand can call you in some zofran to help.

You'll get through this. Take it easy and take it one day at a time and nap as much as possible.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Zay thank you for the kind words. I have the sea sickness band. Bought them with my first pregnancy. I had hyperemesis Gravidurm with both my pregnancy. I also have both zofran and phenergan. Took phenergan this morning with my dose. I just afraid of getting constipated with the zofran. Can't sleep to much as I have a 2 year old and 6 year old to take care of. I have done my fair share of crying on the couch t hats for sure. I guess one dose at a time.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:17 am

Sorry you are feeling so bad. Sea Bands and a heating pad helped me a great deal. I wore them everyday while I was on Dificid.

It does work! As far as the ear infection, have you seen the DR?? There are options to oral antibiotics depending on where the infections is

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:53 am

Well I made the 10 days. I just took the last pill this morning. I am scared that this hasn't cured me but time will tell. I am down to 1-2 stools in the morning but they are not "perfect" and that what makes me worried I am going to relapse. The medicine has took away my flu like symptoms of all day nausea and body aches. I am still tired but a lot better than 10 days ago. Still battling the ear but they are slowly getting better. My head also feels a lot clearer and the depressive sysmptoms are lifting. I think the C diff totally screwed up the mind. The next couple of weeks scare me because the recovery it seems looks different for everyone. Hoping to be one of those 80% people.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:47 pm

Spike,
You made the first hurdle. Celebrate. Take it an hour, a day, a week at a time.

Follow the three-day rule.

Zay
Regular User

Postby Zay » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:46 am

Spike, it is scary the first couple days, but take it one day at a time and take things slowly. Your bowel movements will be all over the place on the poo chart, you'll probably still have stomach pain, fatigue, and some days of just feeling like booty. But it'll get better. I stopped my meds Jan 10 and it took me 2 rounds of meds and I am still not 100% and having to take it easy, but I am not where I was. Your body is gonna take time to heal, so celebrate every day you aren't in the bathroom a million times a day!

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:06 pm

Thank you Bobbie and Zay. Last night I ate something I shouldnt have and paid for it with extreme pain and soreness this morning. My fault and I knew better. My biggest problem is these dang ears and sinus. I think if I wasnt battle the head I would be feeling half way decent today. I trying to keep my head up and take it day by day but I just want this to be a distant nightmare.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Spike,
Unfortunately, we don't have a choice.

Watch your diet. Hang on. Keep posting.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:21 am

Have you tried the saline irrigation for the sinuses? I had the flu 4 years ago and was hospitalized with a sinus infection and other complications and given heavy duty antibiotics IV. I tested positive for c diff about 6 weeks later, but it did not need treatment. The sinuses seemed like they took forever to clear up, but eventually they did and my ears too. Try breathing in steam. It helps to loosen things up.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks Beth. I just started the netti pot and I been steaming my bathroom and sitting in there. I tried claritan yesterday and it seemed to help but by night I was miserable again. I am also trying essential oil (not in the ears). I am trying to give it time.

On the c diff front. I am having terrible time with bowel pain. I didnt have it until I came off the Dificid . I cleaned up my diet and still horrible. I hoping this will subside too soon. Just nervous as I didnt have this any time before or during my treatment. One day at a time. One day at a time.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:05 pm

Spike,
I do saline irrigation every night. I use the NeilMed method - can buy the equipment at Walgreens's, CVS, or other drug stores.

Do a search on Sinus. Lot of info.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:45 am

I wantented to update as I know it is extremely helpful when I was reading a thousands posts. I am 1 week post dificid. Thing are not all roses yet. Down to 1 x per day but it not normal yet. I still have abdominal pain/burning especially about 3 hours after eating. I am eating about 60% of my regulars foods. Garlic is an absolute no go. I haven't been doing probiotics as they make me sicker. I find I can handle 1 -2 tablespoon of kefir so that's what I am sticking with. I been trying to fill my gut with good foods such as oatmeal, avocados, raspberries, apple sauce, banana, sweet potatoes for example to build back up healthy gut. I am now free of nausea and my energy is slowly coming back as well as my head feeling clearer. People even are saying I look better than I have the past three months.

Now if it wasn't for these dang ears. Tried an antibiotic ear drops but it made them worse so had to d/c them (burning and pain). I just started flonase and think it helping the most.

I am still keeping my finger crossed to be the 80%. I am glad I pushed for dificid to be my first drug. It only cost 50 dollars with my insurance but had to use the coupon on dificid website. Sorry this became so long winded, but like I said, I know it was helpful when people updated their stories for me.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:20 am

I'm glad you are doing better. If the flonase is helping you, then use it. Part of your problem may be sinus/eustachian tube problem and the Flonase helps with that. Have you tried taking any antihistamines? I have been told to do that when I had liquid behind eardrum and it helped. Check with your doctor.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Beth, I have tried an antihistamine and it does help but I have to be careful because I am breastfeeding and it can cause you to dry up. Right now I found a combination of flonase and essential oils seem to help the pain. I think this is just going to take a long time to heal as the doctor said I had a pretty significant tear in my R ear drum. The ear drum is started to "scab" over. I need patients and that is not something I have as I am a very type A personality.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”