Did you ever...

Designed to keep your chin up! Smiling is not painful and can help heal...
BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Did you ever...

Postby BetsyS » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:50 pm

My mother and were discussing this journey I've been on. I never dreamt I'd be dealing with all the stuff we C Diff sufferers have had to go through. When we started thinking of it, some of it was down right hilarious, so I thought I'd share some of our observances:

Did you ever...

...dream you'd be wearing adult diapers before the age of 60, or carrying around emergency supplies just in case of, well, you know.

...wish you just had food poisoning or e-coli instead? At least you'd be over it by now.

...try every hemorrhoid remedy known to man in hopes of finding just a little relief.

...Think you'd lose 20 lbs in the first month of the New Year without a resolution or even going on a diet (not that I'm complaining)

...have to replace your new toilet seat because your bleach wipes removed the finish, or go through more rubber gloves than your doctor's office

..."forget" to let your family know you weren't contagious anymore because you liked having a dedicated bathroom to yourself.

...Think you would be considering and maybe even looking forward to the possibility of a "poop" transplant (omg, don't let my brother know; he'll bring it up at every family gathering)

...believe you would be discussing the color and consistency of your bowel movements with a group of total strangers? (By the way, my mom wants us to know not everyone wants to hear about them)

Please feel free to add your own. We'd love to hear other observances!

Zay
Regular User

Re: Did you ever...

Postby Zay » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm

I would like to contribute....

Run like the wind to the bathroom for a fart because nowadays the gamble is too high, you may crap out.

Wish you had a designated bathroom snowman to numb the burn after too many bowel movements.

Actually start missing peopling and doing chores after resting day in and day out.

Could audition the sounds your belly makes for one of the Star Wars movies because the sounds are akin to a Wookie, and an angry one at that.

Wondering when people will stop asking about your bowel movements when you come out of the bathroom. "Did it go alright?" "Did you poop?" Thanks for the concern, but uh, can we not?

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:37 pm

Love it Zay! I can really relate to numbers 1 & 2!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:53 pm

All of the above.

Return to “Humor”