Risk Factors

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Taurus19
Brand New Poster

Risk Factors

Postby Taurus19 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:56 pm

I’m a 36 year old female. I was diagnosed with Cdiff 1 week ago but had symptoms since late October. I’m racking my brain trying to figure out how I got this infection. I’m relatively healthy. I haven’t been in a hospital/nursing home recently. I was on antibiotics, but that was 3 months prior to getting getting sick with cdiff. It seems like if it were antibiotic related it it wouldn’t be 3 months later, right?
I’m on Vanco and florostor.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Risk Factors

Postby NanciT » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:59 am

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

We don't always know where we picked CDIFF up. Three months post antibiotics is a very long time. I don't know if I have heard of someone coming down with it that far out from one antibiotic. Unless you were on multiples?
Hopefully you will complete the Vanco and head towards recovery. We have many who do one round and are just fine.

We also have people who have NO risk factors and have no idea where they got it, just general population.

Focus on getting better and your recovery.

Take Care

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”