Cdiff free After a LONGGGG journey

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
momo123
Regular User

Cdiff free After a LONGGGG journey

Postby momo123 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:39 am

Hi Everyone,
I think it is the appropriate time to post my success story. Cdiff started back in march of 2017, my symptoms were a little different then the normal person with cdiff. I had bouts of D every once In a while meaning ... once a month maybe I would have WD 2-3 times then it would stop. This went on for almost 2 years. I wasn't in pain my stomach didn't hurt. I did have nausea but I thought that waS normal for me bc I am that person. I noticed hot flashes in the middle of the night but didn't think much of it. Fast forward to February of this year. My WD got closer together maybe every other week. I thought it was maybe IBS or an Ulcer. My upper stomach would burn so bad before I had bouts of WD. So I went and saw a gastro doc. They never mentioned Cdiff. They thought sounds like IBS but we will do a stool sample just incase. Well that's when I heard the news you have cdiff and ecloi. WAIT what .. I cried googled cried some more. They gave me flagyl (WORST) beside the constant nausea for a few days and feeling like CRAP the WD stopped. 3 weeks went by it returned another stool sample. POSITIVE CDIFF and ecoli again. so this time they gave me vanco. it worked immediately. Fast forward a month. WD came back I was so devastated. I thought this was never ending. I am a 29 year old female that is always on the go. I missed parties Birthday parties.. weddings and all the above. I lost weight which I didn't need to lose. SO back to the doc I went. Well it was negative but positive for ecoli. She tried to give me CIPRO I said NOOO after months of googling I did not want that nor any antibiotic but I listened to her and she gave me another antibiotic. so 2 weeks later the WD came back . ecoli was gone but Cdiff was back. Heartbroken isn't the word. So she gave me Dificid at this point I didn't care how much it cost just make me better all this time I was taking VSL#3. so on July 1 I started the 11 days of Dificid. I had one more bout of WD on July 20 one time and it went away. To this day I do not feel 100% but no WD no more burning in my stomach which my doc said that had nothing to do with cdiff but I do not believe that. I lived on pepto and ginger ale for months and still take pepto here and there if I feel an off day. I am still taking VSL #3 which I swear works magic,SOOo with all that being said NO MORE WD, NO MORE URGENCY, and NO MORE CDIFF. I think I have kicked it. I have gained a few pounds back and now can enjoy my wine with my husband and friends. Not have to worry about where the bathroom was when I walked into a store. I still cant eat a lot of things but that's ok. I do not get on this site hardly at all now. Used to I was on it 24/7 SO if you are fighting this awful disease IT WILL GET BETTER have faith and I promise it will be ok. <3 It will leave your mind messed up bc I am terrified to get sick now bc I do NOT want to take an antibiotic but I am CDIFF FREE.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Cdiff free After a LONGGGG journey

Postby Bobbie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:14 pm

Momo123,

Congrats. We love success stories. Thx for posting yours. Enjoy your life!

momo123
Regular User

Re: Cdiff free After a LONGGGG journey

Postby momo123 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:20 am

Thank you !!

Return to “Success Stories”