6 months now. My first topic, so much wanted!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Ewanna
Brand New Poster

6 months now. My first topic, so much wanted!

Postby Ewanna » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:48 am

Hello! My english is not so good but here we go... 28 years old female, working in medical field. Previous history: no chronic disease except the fact that in stress periods I had diarrhea, sometimes I've treated, sometimes it resolved by itself. February this year also a stress period (moving, work, marriage difficulties) I begun having several BM per day. Few days later the fever and chills came. With metamizole and acetaminofen I managed to survive 1 week without diagnostic or treatment. The diagnosis came like thunder in the sky. Because I worked în medical field I knew it was going to be hard, but it was worse than I ve imagined.Toxin A&B present, 27.000 wbc, all blood test modified. The doctor put me on metronidazol 3 grames per day and IV fluid with vitamine B. 4 days later, I felt worse than ever and I begun having rashes(aparently from vitamines) so I started vancomicine 14 days and metronidazol 6 more days (doctor recomandation). I was feeling better, but the BM resolved after 8 days. The thoughest part was the food, the doctor told me to eat only plain rice until the BM will normalize and I hated it, I couldn t eat more then 2 spoons a day. So almost 3 weeks denutrition and dehydration. My hair begun to fall, I lost 10 kg and my body ache. After I finish the treatment I begun with probiotics. 2 weeks and a half the C. Diff returned. I was devasted. I started the treatment next day, because I thought may be my body will fight it. But my body was weak. I was feeling depressed that ever. Another round of vanco 14 days. After I ve finished it I saw a doctor in nature remedies. She gave me Vit D, extracts of cranberry, blueberry and walnut, colloidal argint and quinton plasma 3 months. I prayed, and I ve followed the treatment. Now I'm more then 6 months clear. It was the hardest year of my life, but now I m ok. I can eat and drink almost everything but some foods I avoid. My hair is still horrible, I put the weight back in and my energy level is normal. It changed my life, I'm gratefull than ever for the things I have, for my family and friends. I sure know now that nothing is more important than health. Last but not least I want to thank all the people in this forum, I ve read everything, I took every one advices (I drink kefir almost daily) and in the hardest time you were my relief. Thank you!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 6 months now. My first topic, so much wanted!

Postby beth22 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:39 am

Thank you for sharing your experience and I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I'm glad that you are better. I'm not sure where you live, but if the medication Dificid is available, it is better than vancomycin. I'm not sure where else it is available. Hopefully, you will never need it.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 pm

Ewanna,
Another congrats. Am so glad you are well. Also,glad the site helped you. Good health is so important. Thank you for posting.

AnnieB
New User

Postby AnnieB » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:02 am

Beth, if dificid is better than vancomycin why don’t all doctors prescribe it? I’ve never heard of it. I guess it’s not a good idea to switch medication in the middle, right? Otherwise I would ask my doctor for dificid.

Return to “Success Stories”