Mycoplasma genitalium

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
chinacherry88
Regular Contributor

Mycoplasma genitalium

Postby chinacherry88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:20 am

Hi there,
It's being awhile. I was dramatically ill from cdiff 6 years ago. Now my d*** boyfriend has given me Mycoplasma genitalium-another superbug-.
I was 4 weeks misdiagnosed as ITU. Had macrobid and keflex but the terrible pain -I'm on tramadol- didn't go away.
Short story is that doctor did extra test and found this sti.
Now I'm finishing azitromicin with no improve in symptoms.
I might have to take stronger atx and if not maybe have my bladder remove who knows.
I'm in panic. I have mild diarrhea right now and pretty nauseous. Its a miracle cdiff is not added to equation yet....
Really disheartened right now. Any support is welcome.
I'm going to die of this.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Mycoplasma genitalium

Postby NanciT » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:18 am

Sorry you are going through this and anytime we take antibiotics there is that terrible fear. Make sure your GYN or Urologist is working with your GI, give them a call. I did this when I had a bad UTI post CDIFF. I did go on Keflex and got through it.

If things are not improving, I would push for this. I would also get a second opinion before considering "bladder removal". See another urologist. Sometimes infections can be difficult to get rid of, always get a second opinion.

Hoping things improve for you soon

NanciT

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi, chinacherry88,

I remember you and the difficult time you had recovering from c diff. So sorry about this new infection.

I like Nancy's advice. Get a second and even a third opinion before drastic surgery. I had cataract surgery this year, Suoposed to be a piece of cake. Not for me. Horrible side effects.i have difficulty seeing to post on this site.

You aren't going to die from this but understand how you feel. Dump the BF. As I remember, your parents were involved in your recovery from c diff. Are they here for you now?

Remember, you did not "ask for this" or deserve this. Get another opinion. You might also see a counselor to help deal. There are those of us who have shitty luck.

Keep posting. We care.

chinacherry88
Regular Contributor

Postby chinacherry88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi Bobbie & Nancy,
It's really nice hearing from you again :).
How have you being?
I'm sorry for your eyes Bobbie.
I always feel safer with your comments. I'm at my parents -sick leave from work- and we'll discuss things with my urologist. Nobody suggested bladder removal at the moment. There are still some atx that might work before that. That's just me being melodramatic. Sorry if I worried you too much. I'm jinxed I guess. I'll take your advice..
Will keep you posted. If I were out from this without cdiff would be a miracle. Hoping for the best and getting prepare for the worst. At least fmt is happening right now in Spain in every hospital which is great news. We even have a feces bank and pills.
Xxxx

BTW is there any fb group from this support group?
I still miss Roy's advice.
Thank you girls again

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:29 pm

I had to look it up but Moxifloxacin seems to be the antibiotic of choice but Drs are only using it if others fail.
They are keeping it in reserve so the bug does not become resistant to it but it's still highly effective for the European strains.
Not so good if you picked it up in Asia!
Also that bug can lay dormant for many years so it might not be your current boyfriend's fault.
Dont forget HE will need treating as well.
Good luck on the c.diff front, dont forget the florestor.
Keep in mind that this little "gift" might just be coincidental to what's causing your pain.

chinacherry88
Regular Contributor

Postby chinacherry88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi Roy,
:) thanks for wise answer.
Unfortunately coincidences here do not exist. We tried unprotected sex for very first time when I came back from business travel and 48 h later all hell broke loose.
Diagnosis is uretritis not cystitis -never had one in my whole life, just some kind of feeling after Vanco post cdiff- which is 100% compatible with this demon thing :(. Hope he didn't sleep with some Asian girl.
Will keep you posted regarding this shame incident.
Oh gosh.
Lots of love.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:33 am

You will not necessarily get c diff from the antibiotics. My mother had c difficile that relapsed a couple of times and I was very much afraid when she had to take antibiotics. She was over 90 at the time. I made sure she kept taking probiotics, which she had been doing ever since her battles with c difficile. She never got it back and she had to take several rounds of strong antibiotics. She did get pretty bad D with one of them, but it was not c difficile and when she finished the antibiotics, the D subsided. Good luck. Hope it clears soon.

chinacherry88
Regular Contributor

Postby chinacherry88 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:31 am

Survived Moxifloxacin. Stomach is perfect, however I'm still in excruciating pain. It's like having appendicitis between uretrha and vagina. I'm scheduled for MRI on Friday.
Fingers crossed they find on Monday what I have.

chinacherry88
Regular Contributor

Postby chinacherry88 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Hey there,
Finally my infection is cured.
It took me 6, 6!!! Rounds of strong antibiotics. My cdiff didn't came back. Still dealing with mild neuralgia effects from too many meds but overall OK.

Took macrobid, meiact, Cipro, azitromicin, moxifloxacin and pristamicin in less than 2 months.
This is just an update to encourage people that you can overcome cdiff. My cdiff was life threatening 6 years ago and fingers crossed it won't never come back.
Also mention that after my cdiff issue I was left with many skin issues and took accutane for a year with zero side effects. This information might be useful.
Thanks again to this forum. It's a blessing and wiser than many doctors.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:13 pm

Glad you are better. Stay well!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:27 pm

So happy to hear all went well !!! Thanks for coming back and letting us know, especially that you went through several antibiotics and all is well. So good for all of us to hear

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”