Kefir worked for me 3 years ago. Still free of it.

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Kefir worked for me 3 years ago. Still free of it.

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:08 am

Believe - I had a positive PCR for 2.5 years, but no active infection. In fact, most times, I was on the C side.

pmr
Brand New Poster

Postby pmr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:49 am

this kefir brand...can you buy it online anywhere? also how much did you drink so that you had results
suffering
thank you from las vegas nv

Believe
Regular User

Postby Believe » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Dear PMR, I am so sorry you are suffering. You have my whole heart! Do not stop searching, and get another opinion if you need. Try to keep the faith that you will recover -- it just takes a heckuva long time for some of us. It is indeed a very emotional experience. But healing will come. The kefir brand I have seen frequently mentioned here is by Lifeway. It seems to be available now in all major supermarkets. I did not personally rely on kefir, but I see many who mention varying consumption amounts (usually a good deal of it), earlier in this thread ...

Believe
Regular User

Postby Believe » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Beth: thank you for your reply! Sorry I had not seen it earlier. I've not repeated test, as my recovery episodes of D were brief and sporadic. But that's because I adhered to eating very bland food (GF crackers, avocado, eggs, rice, well-cooked carrots, potatoes, pulled chicken, soups). Whenever I tried again to eat salad, spicy food or fibrous food, I got in a little trouble ... so I avoided them.

DebJS, did you find those 3 wine glassfuls of kefir per day worked well to help you? It was still very early in your recovery when you wrote, and I'm curious how your recovery has gone.

JeepMom, did you have success with the kefir helping you?

I'm excited to report immense progress and inspire hope: I have felt restored to normal for the past 4 months, once again eating anything. In my case, feeling well and free is due to taking a powder supplement that I mix 1 tablespoon in with a full glass of water, and toss back first thing in the morning. [Please, an important note: I had long felt my c.diff was gone when I began this powder supplement. I did not believe myself to still carry any active infection. I was quite sure I only had post-infectious IBS, because my episodes of D were very brief and sporadic, only occurring once every 2-3 weeks, and always due to having eaten something fibrous, raw or spicy.]

The supplement I take is "GI-Revive" by Designs for Health, a top pharmaceutical grade company. It was recommended by a ND I consulted with who had treated cases of c.diff. I started using this powder supplement in early April 2019 (one year post-c.diff). It helped me get my life back -- within days! I used it each morning for 3-4 months. At this point, I'm going to cut back to taking it 3x week, and see how I hold up. If I start feeling crampy or touchy again, I'll start take it more frequently again. My functional medicine internist told me I can take it indefinitely, and that it's safe. It's slightly gritty, but tastes rather delicious, like peach.

Long ago in recover, he prescribed me Klaire Labs' "There-Biotic Complete" as well as Klaire Labs' "Saccharomyces Boulardii" which need to be kept in the fridge; at this point, I take one capsule of each, most days, for maintenance. In fact, I consume them with my glass of GI-Revive.

This has helped me greatly. I just felt compelled to report it. I was once despondent and felt house-bound. Now, I feel restored and thrilled to take life by the horns, restart my career. I think I'll also put this message of hope and inspiration on the Good News portion of the site.

Return to “Success Stories”