Actual success with fecal transplant

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Carlson
New User

Actual success with fecal transplant

Postby Carlson » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:31 pm

I have posted here before, thinking my husband had succeeded in getting rid of c diff. The last time was with trying kefir yogurt. It was not successful. May 2017 thru August 2018 is length of time that he had C-Diff. working with an infectious disease doctor he had a fecal transplant utilizing the pill method after having tried every other method available with antibiotics and the Kefir. All with no or only partial success. We had to use the earlier methods due to insurance issues. Bottom line is that the fecal transplant appears to have worked now that it has been six months since that procedure. With no serious diarrhea. He felt fecal transplant worked in 2 days. A month ago he had a colonoscopy and he's still doing great.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Actual success with fecal transplant

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:25 am

That's good news. Thank you for sharing and giving others hope. FMT has worked for many and I am glad it helped your husband.

KFM
New User

Re: Actual success with fecal transplant

Postby KFM » Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 pm

That's great! Was it colonoscopy or NG transplant?

Return to “Success Stories”