Fmt a week ago

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Jolene39
Brand New Poster

Fmt a week ago

Postby Jolene39 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello I had a fmt Monday. About a week ago. I wasn’t active when I had my fmt. My doctor decided to do it as I wasn’t getting much better and this could help restore everything and get me better. Well so far the stomach ache and soreness has gone away. The day after I had no bm, the next day I had a 2 good forced stools, the next day was semi formed and started to get an urgency feeling in my bum. Yesterday I had D and today I have a little D has well not so much watery but more like sand. Also still have a slight discomfort in my rectum and urge. Is this normal.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Re: Fmt a week ago

Postby MKW » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi, I have on this board for a few years, and had an FMT that cured me in March of 2017.
I can tell you during that time I have seen people report all varying types of outcomes after an FMT from excessive diarrhea to constipation.
Interestingly, none of the symptoms the first few weeks after seem to predict success or not.
It will take your body time to adjust to the new bacteria and your bm’s may really vary for a while.
It is important to intake as much prebiotic type foods to feed your new bacteria to whatever extent you can tolerate. A lot of people have trouble with many vegetables.
Just make sure to report watery D three or more times a day to your doctor.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:42 am

I had bms all over the place after FMT. But, I did get food intolerances. You might want to keep a food journal of what you eat to see if there is any pattern to when you get looser stools. I was unable to tolerate vegetables and fruit. I was already lactose intolerant before the FMT, but the FMT did not fix that.

Jolene39
Brand New Poster

Postby Jolene39 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Hope things start to look up soon I’m also feeling kind of achy today. This urgency feeling too isnso uncomfortable.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:54 am

After my FMT i was also miserable. The first day after FMt i was constipated because of all the Imodium and Tramadol i had to take in the transplant day. After that day i started having lots of D , couldn't keep any kind of food down , not even rice and grilled chicken breast and it was like that for few weeks . I was living on Imodium to be able to stay at work. I tested for Cdiff and it was negative. I guess my donor wasn't very good. Eventually i started feeling better after i tried the Megasporebiotic probiotic. Now i am still having bad IBS but it not as bad as it was after the FMT.

Jolene39
Brand New Poster

Postby Jolene39 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 pm

Yeah I’m having D. I was tested and it’s negative so I’m not sure if I should taking a probiotic or not to help. I was told not to take one but my tummy is upset and I’m leaving for Mexico in 4 days ugh.

Obreezy
New User

Postby Obreezy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:23 pm

Some research studies have shown that probiotics alter the recolonization of gut bacteria, so if your doctor told you not to take one I would follow his instructions!

Jolene39
Brand New Poster

Postby Jolene39 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Yes I’ve just been doing yogurt! Have any of you had tenemus? I have this right now and omg it’s miserable!!!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:31 am

I could no longer tolerate yogurt after c difficile and even less so after FMT. I would try stopping the yogurt and any dairy products for a day or two and see if you feel better. S

Return to “FMT Discussion”