Sibo

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Sibo

Postby Lid49 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi Melanie how are you filing ?
I have good days and bad days on enteragam,
Georgina how are you I hope better.
Lidia.

roy
Administrator

Re: Sibo

Postby roy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 am

Please use the PM feature for "conversatons" with specific posters.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Still not able to. I did send an email to adm but the same situation .
Thank you Roy.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi Lidia, I am actually in the middle of a second round of Rifaximin.
I had maybe 50% general improvement from the last round.
Then I had a UTI and had to take Macrobid for seven days.
I started this Rifaximin a week after I finished the Macrobid.
My GI doc really wanted me to take a second round and believes I will have additional improvement.
But of course, with any of this I am terrified of c Diff. But I have suffered so much with SIBo, I have tried for my fear to not stop me from treating the SIBo which I desperately need.
I took Enteragam again between the rounds of Rifaximin. For me, it seems to keep my gut function more stable, and I have way less painful abdominal cramping.
It is a great product that provides definite symptom improvement. It may not be a cure, but it sure does make day to day life more bearable. I am glad it is helping you.
Are you still using digestive enzymes?
I am thinking Of experimenting with that after this medication. The fact is the SIBo will just keep coming back because I’m not solving the cause.
But I feel like I’ve run out of ideas. My doctor just says eat low fodmap, and that’s it.
Take care!

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:21 am

You are right about enteragam, and yes the Dr tell me the same thing, lately I start to have again stomach pain and pain on my right upper abdomen. I gain few pounds. Scared of the gastritis or hpylory again. It is a rolocoster, I have days when I want to give up .
I wish I could take xifaxan.
I hope this time xifaxan will help for you.
Lidia.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”