The Power of Poop

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
n0rs0n
New User

The Power of Poop

Postby n0rs0n » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:20 pm

In Sept 2017 I had an infected molar removed. Two weeks later began running a fever. A PICC line allowed six-weeks antibiotic infusions, which thankfully killed off my mitral valve infection but put me into that dreaded C Diff spin - for six months.

In Feb 2018 I swallowed 60+ poop pills - 30 the first day then 10 every other day - without success - it did nothing. The C Diff continued.

Then one week ago today I had a colonoscopy followed with FMT where the GI doc put the poop clear up into my small intestine. I thought the prep for the colonoscopy was rough - was nothing like post op. That night I soaked the bed - HUGE diarrhea - and during the night used/dirtied seven diapers - not fun. At the same GI doc’s instruction I loaded up on Imonium AD and that did the trick.

I’ve been back to wearing boxers vs diapers since Sunday - and they’re all clean. Plus normal solid stools have returned.

I am very thankful. Maybe now I can get my life back.

Thanks to the power of poop.

And prayer.

-neb

Bennet
Regular User

Re: The Power of Poop

Postby Bennet » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Hoping this will be the cure for you! Keep us posted.
~Bennet

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Neb,
Thx for posting to encourage others.

n0rs0n
New User

Postby n0rs0n » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:21 am

it's been almost six months and I'm STILL C Diff free - amazing and to think, it was someone else's poop that did it (PLUS the skill of an excellent physician and The Power of Prayer!

It worked - thank the LORD
-neb

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Postby Ajs » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Neb, it’s nice to read of your success! I’m 3 weeks out from my FMT and so far so good. I seem to be slowly improving in every way!

n0rs0n
New User

Postby n0rs0n » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:21 am

Two wonderful goals achieved and answers to prayer.

On Oct 8 2017, my 84th BD I was in the hospital and stated no one had asked me what I wanted for my BD but had they I would have replied "another birthday" - and thankfully I made it. 85 is quite the milestone - especially when I see the ages of those in the obit section of our newspaper almost daily.

Secondly, I'm now SIX MONTHS free of C diff - and am SO thankful.

-neb

ps - Isn't God good?!

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Postby Ajs » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Congratulations Neb! It’s good to hear from you! Happy belated birthday!!

Return to “Success Stories”