Thank you!!!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
fishrman
Regular User

Thank you!!!

Postby fishrman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:01 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to whoever started this group!! Also, wanted to thank everyone that is and has contributed to it. Though my medical professional was able to give me the diagnosis and able to put me on some high powered antibiotic, they did not tell me what to expect in the future and basically told me to get back to life as it was. Eat what you would like. As most of you know, it doesn't work that way for the majority of us! I am now about 2 weeks past taking my last antibiotic to kill the bad bacteria. One day, I think I have it under control and things seem back to more normal and then the next day comes! This is to give a high five to all of you who ask questions and give answers as they are a big help to us that are in need of the help and support. If there is any need for help in contributing to keep this site up, let us know as I am sure I and many others would be more than happy to help.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Thank you!!!

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:26 am

Thank you for the kind words. No contributions necessary. We are glad to help as we have been through it ourselves. You can contribute by posting on other people's posts that have questions and sharing your own experiences. It takes a long time for the gut to heal and I think that things being back to normal is the exception rather than the norm. At least, it doesn't happen overnight. Hang in there. It does get better.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:42 am

fisherman,
Thx for the thx.

Keep us posted on your recovery. Expect good days and bad days.

fishrman
Regular User

Postby fishrman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 am

beth22 wrote:
> Thank you for the kind words. No contributions necessary. We are glad to
> help as we have been through it ourselves. You can contribute by posting
> on other people's posts that have questions and sharing your own
> experiences. It takes a long time for the gut to heal and I think that
> things being back to normal is the exception rather than the norm. At
> least, it doesn't happen overnight. Hang in there. It does get better.
Thanks! Not sure many of the MD's know how long it can take and they certainly need some training on what to suggest for diets. Seems we all have to learn what is best for us on an individual basis and that can be big learning curve!

fishrman
Regular User

Postby fishrman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:26 am

Bobbie wrote:
> fisherman,
> Thx for the thx.
>
> Keep us posted on your recovery. Expect good days and bad days.
Thanks! Sure makes it hard to plan vacations but I know there are many with much worse problems than I! Luckily, I am retired. I feel more sorry for my bride of 46 years than I do me. She is always ready to take off and go someplace and now, I just don't always feel up to it. Thanks for your positive vibes!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Although it may take some time you will eventually be up to traveling again. I remember thinking I would never have the energy or would be afraid to go places because I would need a bathroom nearby, but that passes.....

Rita

fishrman
Regular User

Postby fishrman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Thank you Ril!! That helps. I am in my first full year of retirement and my bride would like to go go go. Unfortunately, that is exactly what I have been doing!!!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”