Need to vent..sorry

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
angrry
New User

Need to vent..sorry

Postby angrry » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi everyone,,haven't posted here in quite a while. I had c diff last May and it seemed to be gone after 2 rounds of flagyl. Anyway, 2 weeks ago the D started, no B but lots of M....I called my Dr last Monday and can see him this coming Tuesday. Today I figured it would be a good idea to see my GI too as the D hasn't let up, some days 2 or 3 times, other days 6. So I called my GI's office. I explained what was happening, and they were nice enough to say they could give me an appt in SEPTEMBER!!! Seriously, after describing what was going on symptom-wise and knowing my history, September??? I was not impressed. I ended up going to a walk-in and the dr there gave me a test kit, of course by the time I was able to get a sample the lab was closed, so I have to wait until Monday to get the sample in. I just love Canadian health care.
I will keep my appt with my family dr and let him know what's going on with me and will definitely request a referral to a different GI. Sorry for the vent, but C Diff is bad enough without having to deal with dr's who just don't seem to care. I'll post again when i get my test results back. Have a great weekend everyone.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Need to vent..sorry

Postby beth22 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:11 am

So sorry to hear you are not well again. When they test, ask them to test for other bacteria as well. I got campylobacter after c difficile and I had pretty much the same symptoms as with c difficile. I hope you get some answers soon. If things get worse, go to an ER.

angrry
New User

Postby angrry » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:37 am

ty Beth...I'm keeping an eye on things right now..hoping the symptoms don't worsen, not feeling very hopeful tho...but trying to stay strong

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:04 am

That's one awful GI dr that you have. Wonder if they'd have given you a different answer about an appointment if you'd asked to have the request conveyed directly to the dr. But you're probably better off with another dr.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”