Think it’s really back this time

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Bobbo112
Contributor

Re: Think it’s really back this time

Postby Bobbo112 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:17 pm

No I understand Lisa. I should’ve been better with the protocol. I’ve read some people are fine going back to their pre c diff lives right after treatment, and I thought me being still relatively young (28), id be one of those people. I did have more intense hangovers, but would usually be fine 2-3 days later, and it was actually getting better to the point I thought “ok, I’m passed this”. I was still taking vsl and florastor along with digestive enzymes before every meal, but other than that, I was more care free. Like I said too, I don’t wanna be on supplements or anything, but it’s the only way I can battle this other lingering condition I have. It sucks because I feel damned if I do and damned if I don’t. Just feels like there’s no winning.

But unless NAC is still messing with my stomach 8 days later, I think I have to go back. Today I had one loose, but formed, one d (not watery), and one small formed piece. I feel like I’m noticing a stronger smell now, but maybe that’s me upping the florastor (went from one a day to two), or maybe it’s just wishful thinking at this point :(.

If this is anything else but c diff, I’d be forever grateful. I really, really don’t wanna go back on vanco. And I’m also terrified that if this is really c diff again, what if I can’t get rid of it? Overall it feels like a lessened version of what I had last time, but I do feel it’s back.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:51 pm

If you get profuse watery D 3x a day then let us know.
Meanwhile please stop the daily poop reports.
You have been told many many times that your "symptoms" are not classic c.diff but continue repeating yourself.
Drinking enough to give yourself a 2 day hangover is simply stupid behavior resulting in self inflicted problems.
Any more posts detailing BMs, or discussing gut issues that are not c.diff related will be deleted.
Most of the people replying to you are a lot sicker than you are.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:59 pm

But I am, and then I’m not. Then I am, then it’s a mixed bag. It’s confusing. I’ve been eating better too. I was tested positive for the toxin four weeks post treatment, but never got treatment because the doc said I’m not carryining the other symptoms. At least at the time.

The hangover problem was in the beginning, and got better, almost back to normal. That’s what bugs me. How I progressed so far only to get back to square one.

Also just to add that when I ate bland foods, I seem more loose, but when I eat more “pleasure foods” my bms were more normal, further confusing my issues.

What about joint pain? Suddenly in my right ankles and knees and in my left Achilles. Could c diff cause that?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 pm

No, ask your Dr

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:41 am

You can get something called reactive arthritis, but other GI pathogens can cause this too. Why don't you ask your doctor to test you for everything? Get a culture and see if you have something else, get a c diff test, and then you will know where you stand. If everything is negative, then I would cut back on the alcohol and maybe get some meds for spasms. You need to discuss all of this with your doctor, as we are not medical professionals and can simply relate our own experiences. I don't drink and I still had lots of problems early on in recovery. It takes a while for your colon to heal. Alcohol, spicy foods, etc. all can aggravate an already sensitive digestive tract.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:21 pm

I am a big wine drinker and also did not have a glass of wine for a full year after c diff. I knew it had the potential to tear up my gut. At some point you have to accept that because you feel well for several days, experimenting with things that you have been advised are likely detrimental will more than likely boomerang sooner rather than later. You said this site has helped you.
One of the takeaways hopefully would be the experiences of so many people in recovery as well as during the course of the illness and our best advice on how to help you feel better. There are so many things you can’t control so why not control what you can?

Candy25
New User

Postby Candy25 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Bobbo113. I was happy to read your discussion. I too have poop issues all over the spectrum. I try to eat well and then I’ll have a cycle of bad days ranging in the same form you do. I also want to be well. I am 1 year since I began cdiff. I had a very severe case and sepsis. I was hospitalized 7 days on vanco taper twice and then finally deficid back in December. So I guess I’m 7 months out. ID dr and gi were confused as to whether I actually was continuing with cdiff or ibs....so your confusion is understandable. It’s very disheartening to feel that it could be back because every morning that is how our day begins. Sometimes you get so depressed that you do things to just have a normal life again. You drink the drink, eat the pie... then pay the price of ibs or anxiety it’s back. I personally have great days where I’m thinking I ate something I know I should not have and it had no effect...then eat healthy and pow. D. So I understand. You just wanna give up trying to do the right thing and enjoy life again. Good luck

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:45 pm

Hey candy, just saw this post. Thanks for the reply and I agree completely. I’ve been better a long time and haven’t been on this site is 5 months. I thought I was long past this but have been getting symptoms again. Ab muscles feel sore and bruised upon rub and there’s an actual bruise on the second left one. Feel queasy again in the morning, then again on and off throughout the day.Then cold like symptoms, and now d has been back the last 24 hrs. So idk if it’s slowly crawling back after 8 months, or if the cold is somehow causing gi upset and messing with my ab muscles. It’s hard to tell what came first.

Return to “Too Much Information”