So, that embarrassing BM question...

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Kuro
Contributor

So, that embarrassing BM question...

Postby Kuro » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:21 am

Hi all,

I'm on my fourth day out from my last dose of Vanco (unless you count the last pill I took Friday morning). I know I should be more worried about the scary R word right now, and I am. Believe me, every trip to the toilet is terrifying! For now, though, having kind of a different issue in that department. I'll try to use as much, um, code speak? As I can.

In short, has anyone gone through a period in early recovery of only moving along tiny little pieces for BMs? We're talking, like, mini-4s on the Bristol chart in appearance. Sometimes maybe an inch long per piece, maybe pencil thin. It takes me a fair bit to go, as you can imagine, and I'm pretty sure I get incomplete evacuation. End result is that small pile of mini-4s sitting at the bottom of the bowl. No B or M (knock wood many times over). Been that way since the Vanco ended, maybe a bit prior.

Pelvic floor dysfunction (AKA tight/spasm-y at the "exit") probably doesn't help matters.

I was C while on Vanco and going infrequently, now I'm paying three possibly incomplete visits a day (give or take) but only getting these tiny little bits and pieces! Could this be PI-IBS, maybe, or possibly a result of my current diet? Things are still tender, so I've still been sticking to baked chicken breast, rice, toast. Not exactly bulking staple food. Very slowly trying to add in one new thing here or there, but only very slowly.

Not sure why this bothers me. If things would bulk up just a bit, I wouldn't be bothered and I'd have an easier time going. Perhaps time to try more Benefiber more regularly? I guess as long as I *am* going, and it's not with any of the warning signs, that's something.

Kuro
Contributor

Re: So, that embarrassing BM question...

Postby Kuro » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Well, nevermind on the above, I guess. Now going more substantially, but less well formed. Still formed, but looser BMs.

Not sure if my stomach is trying to sort itself out, or if I'm in the process of relapsing on just day 4. Ugh.

EDIT: Talked to the GI's nurse. She said my high frequency wasn't abnormal at this point and stomach could be trying to balance itself out. Warning signs would still be abdominal pain, fever, or WD x3. Frustrating to feel like I'm on the cusp of a relapse given the frequency issue, considering I am otherwise not feeling all that awful.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pm

It can take some time to get back to "Normal" or I should say and new normal. Your gut is trying to recover, things can be all over the place.
It's very common to take...time. I had symptoms for a long time Post CDIFF, some days I thought it was back. A few times over the last 3 years I had D for 3 days, finally tested and was negative. Some recover quickly, I was on Dificid for a long time so I believe that is why its taken me so long.
Hang in there, you will get there!
NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 am

Are you taking any probiotics? It might be a good idea to do so if you aren't.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Wait though. Wasn’t the rule of thumb watery d 3 times a day for three days in a row? What if you have just one bout of d mixed in with 1 or 2 rounds of normal(ish) stools for three days in a row? I get usually one bout of loose, grainy stool a day with some mucus on top. A 6er on the Bristol chart, but then 1 or 2 times where it’s 1, 4, or 5 after or before it. Is that ok?

fishrman
Regular User

Postby fishrman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:41 pm

I have no answers! I want to follow this as I am experience pretty much the same things. So happy to find this site as the Dr. gave me little information and having a Dad that passed away with colon cancer---it is a big worry for me as I am sure it is everyone that has had it or has it.

Return to “Too Much Information”