Atrantil or Iberogast

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
shooten
Regular User

Atrantil or Iberogast

Postby shooten » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has tried Iberogast or Atrantil for their IBS symptoms if so did they help?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Atrantil or Iberogast

Postby NanciT » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:18 am

It looks like one of these is an herb, and both over the counter. Have you seen your GI for IBS?

They will often try a medication like Levsin or Bentyl for IBS

NanciT

shooten
Regular User

Postby shooten » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:08 pm

My GI has ordered a SIBO test so waiting for that to arrive. If that shows negative then I will be getting the scopes. I was just looking for something that would calm the symptoms down while I wait for all of my tests to get completed.

DawMa95
Regular User

Postby DawMa95 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 pm

I have not heard of Atrantil; however, I researched Iberogast a while back for myself. I am not sure where you live, but I believe it has been used in Europe (Germany). Not sure if you can get it in the U.S. at places like Walgreens or CVS; but, I think it is available online through Amazon. I personally try to avoid getting supplements from that site because some people have questioned the authenticity of certain supplements and beauty care products. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has performed research on the effectiveness of Iberogast. Just google NIH and Iberogast to read more about it. If I were you, I would research each of the ingredients and therapeutic effects of each. I know Chamomile and Peppermint are good for an upset tummy. Chamomile tea tends to help me. Peppermint is hit or miss. I would give it a try. It couldn't hurt.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”