Colonoscopy and endoscopy

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Bobbie
Administrator

Colonoscopy and endoscopy

Postby Bobbie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:16 am

I am supposed to have the above tomorrow. During my c diff adventure I have had 6 or 7 colonoscopies. The prep for this one was different - Miralax (had bad experiences with it before.) Drank it according to directions,with Gatorade. Had horrible gas pains and then vomited several times - I never vomit. Finally had small amount of diarrhea. Doubt if they can get scope up. Called office and left message.

Sorry agreed to this but have bee having more than usual constipation/diarrhea/cramping since May. It is 5 years since I had scope - had polyp, diverticulosis, kidney stone, and hiatal hernia, supposed to go to Fl to see U.K. Family.

I hate this damn disease.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Colonoscopy and endoscopy

Postby georgina » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 am

Oh Bobbie , I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time . Crossing fingers that your scope will go smoothly and you'll start feeling better soon.
{{hug}}

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Oh, you poor thing! Sending prayers and good thoughts that you feel better fast. I wish there could be some non-invasive way to see what the scope shows.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Bobbie.....

So sorry you are going through this, Yes, you have dealt with this far too long.

Hoping they get to the bottom of all of this

Hugs

NanciT

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:37 pm

Thinking of you Bobbie.
Episode 8 of the up your bum club!

Just tried to post this and got the message that Nancy posted so do I want to change my post.
Her comment
"Hope they get to the bottom of all this"
What a perfect comment about a colonoscopy! ;-)

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Bobbie, so sorry that you are going thru such a miserable experience, in addition to fighting this disease.

You provide encouragement and support for others, and help others to cope with their illness and nasty problems. I can't begin to tell you how much you are valued.

Hopefully, some day soon, your kindness and thoughtfulness of others will reward you with a complete remission, and have you feeling much better!

Wishing you all the best! Bob
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:01 am

Bobbie, I am so sorry that you had such an awful experience with the prep. That sucks. You deserve some good karma coming your way, in exchange for all the years that you have helped so many of us. Hang in there.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:03 am

Colonoscopy prep is hell. Feel better soon!
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:55 am

Good luck today.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”