Having my first relapse

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
amg
Regular Contributor

Re: Having my first relapse

Postby amg » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:14 pm

You could be relapsing after 3 days. My daughter did that after her second or third relapse, I can't remember. But you could also have some other virus, even one that's not GI. A lot of stuff going around this time of year. And I remember my daughter, as well as many people on this site being sort of susceptible to catching viruses during their c diff time. And lots of people get mild GI symptoms when they have other viruses like URI.

PI-IBS should not give you an increased temp. I don't think it makes people feel run down either, but I will let others who have had it or have it chime in.

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Postby MrsM25 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks amg. It’s just so frustrating. I feel like all of the symptoms, though a bit more mild at this point are exactly the same as my first relapse except I don’t have D. I called my GI and spoke to the nurse and she didn’t seem concerned. I don’t know what to think anymore. I guess I will have to wait to see if the D starts or not.

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Postby MrsM25 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Decided to call the on call GI and he was super nice. He told me that with my symptoms, even without the diarrhea, he is putting me back on the vanco and for a month this time. He said I probably just haven’t gotten the diarrhea yet. Then I’m sure my GI will be doing FMT in the new year since he told me if I relapse again, that will be the plan. So, back on the vanco I go for a month. I will be covered through Christmas now. I always feel great on the vanco, it’s a double edged sword.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:44 am

Sorry you are having symptoms again . Have you discussed a course of Dificid with your doctor. Dificid is a much better option then Vanco in my opinion even though it's really pricey. A long course of Dificid can be the magic bullet to cure your infection .It is enginereed to target only clostridia , spares the good flora and unlike Vanco , Dificid can stop the sporing process , it won't allow the bacteria to hide back into spore form. Please consider taking a course of Dificid if your doctor agrees to prescribe it, it's a great drug.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:45 am

Locking this thread as it reached it's maximum limit . Feel free to start a new one .

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”