One week second Fmt

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

One week second Fmt

Postby Lid49 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Today is a week form my Fmt.
Going one or two times in the morning . Sam gas no cramps. Still bland diet. I did not introduce new food yet, very scared.
Every movement of my stomach scared me.
Hopefully stay this way.
Lidia.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: One week second Fmt

Postby NanciT » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:11 pm

Wishing you the BEST with the 2nd FMT, we have many posters who have done very well after the 2nd.

Take care
NanciT

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi Lidia, I had a successful FMT done in March. I was lucky and mine took the first time. But I can tell you since I have been on this board for over a year, out of the posters more people than not have required two,and were successful with the 2nd one. So be hopeful! It works, just sometimes it takes more than one. Also after you have it done try to eat as many prebiotic foods as you can tolerate to feed your new donor bacteria.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Thank you all, today not so good, a lot of gas, not hungry, flu like symptoms, very scared.
No.D. Hoping is only a bad day.
Lidia.

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:40 pm

I hope you are doing better. I had to have a second fmt and it was a lot of ups and downs in the beginning for me. The worry made things a lot worse. Were you told by your doctors to follow any special diet? Or have fiber to feed the good bacteria? Doesn't hurt to ask them for a game plan in that respect. I was told to avoid alcohol and dairy at first but to try and eat normally and have fiber. For some people fmt are a miracle cure and for others we are left with lingering ups and downs. Try and keep good thoughts and hope! You will get there.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Dr. Advice was for couple of weeks bland diet. After few weeks to start introducing more food and fiber. Thank you for responding. My anxiety is to the roof. Like you mentioned any movement of my intestines put me in panic mod. Hopfuly it will work. Thank you again.

Return to “FMT Discussion”