Constipation

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
DrMike
Contributor

Constipation

Postby DrMike » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:57 am

Ok, so now I have the opposite problem. ROTFL can't catch a break! So once the D does stop, how do I treat the C without blowing everything back up? Suggestions?

Dare I eat a peach?

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Constipation

Postby Bobbie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:03 am

You are a doctor. Prescribe.

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:05 am

Try ONE prune, and see what happens for a couple hours. I briefly had that problem following the colitis and ate 6. I would not wish that on anyone. Good luck :-)

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:28 am

You can relieve yourself the smooth way, with : prune juice , fiber supplements , drinking lots of liquids etc . Don't try laxatives as they will create more unbalance in the flora.

DrMike
Contributor

Postby DrMike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 pm

A peach, a half of a glass of metamucil, and a portion of coleslaw.

And I had the best poop this morning I have had in AN ENTIRE MONTH. Bit of wind with it, but OMG it feels amazing.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Be careful and go slowly. Sometimes what I eat doesn't affect me until 2 or 3 days later.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Dr, Mike,
ONCE AGAIN, post in one forum and keep your posts short.

The last time you ate fresh fruit and other excessive fiber, you were sick. Go slowly.

Why don't you make your posts into a journal? You might be able to get it published as a book -- and a help for other c diff patients.

Do you realize the advantages you have over other posters? Medical knowledge and education and knowing the docs you deal with? Most of us slug along trying one method after another with little guidance.

Hang in there,

DrMike
Contributor

Postby DrMike » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:14 am

Bobbie, I came here for support. I had an abusive mother who yelled at me like you do. That prepared me for medical school where I got yelled at more. On July 1 2008, at the completion of residency, I vowed that I would never tolerate anyone ever scolding me again.

And I am not going to tolerate it from you.

When I recover, I was planning on using my education and access to information to curate the vast amounts of information about C. diff for the members on this board, and now I won't be doing that. That's unfortunate, don't you think? Is that why you started this board? To drive away people who both needed help and could help others?

In the future, I hope you will serve this community better by trying a different approach. You will not need to moderate any other posts of mine.

sophie
Regular Contributor

Postby sophie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Dr Mike,
We all know how hard this illness is and how it affects us mentally. The moderators here have been nothing but caring and helpful. Sometimes we get our hand slapped for saying or doing something that doesn't follow the guidelines. It's only for the good of everyone, there has to be some order in this room to keep it operating efficiently to help everyone So what? Just take the comment for what it is and move on.
I too was abused growing up, but guess what..I grew up and I'm now in control of me. No one is ever going to hurt me again but that doesn't mean I'm going to take my anger out on everyone if something happens that upsets me. I have the power over me. You overcame your abuse and became a doctor;good for you. You are a survivor like all of us in this room are trying to be.
When I read your note I don't see the writing of a Dr., I see the writing of someone having a temper tantrum because I don't like what someone said to me. Would a doctor really punish everyone for that one thing? I really don't think so. I would be scared for your patients if that were the case.
I know there are some who won't agree with me and that's ok. It was hard to read what you wrote. Until your note I was impressed by you and cried as I read your pain and really cheered on your recovery effort I hope you get better soon and think twice about saying you won't share with the many users who come here for help and support.
But most importantly take care of yourself first.

Julian80
New User

Postby Julian80 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Dr Mike
Well first of all I believe Bobbie WAS supporting you,like the previous post,we all are going thru this not just you.
And many other docs and nurses have been on this board for support and unfortunately more will come in the future.I tell you I have learned a great deal from this site,Cdiff obviously is something no one wants to endure,
everyone here has been thru it and more,just try and relax
and dont take things the wrong way,you have great humor and that is a BIG plus with this illness.Believe me my family is almost fed up with my complaints,so I come here to my new family because only they understand.No one is asking you to leave but you are your own person.Either way I hope you are recovering well and staying strong,I believe we shouldnt snap at those who want to support us,only then cdiff will win,it has taken alot from so many people and if and when I "get over" this affliction I will continue to come to support others because I will not forget those who were there for me in my dark days,stay strong Doc and try and take it easy ok because we care...

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:00 pm

DrMike, I for one am going to miss you... your unique sense of humor, your updates regarding your very unusual, painful and challenging war with C-diff; and hopefully your complete and stable recovery!

Just another faceless, anonymous individual......, like Charlie, a man who never returned, and his fate is still unlearned??
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:44 am

Machaon
You can still contact Dr. Mike on PM . Even if he is not registered on the site he will see he got message from you on his mailbox.

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi Georgina!

DrMike has had an interesting and unfortunate history in his time here.
He has been an asset. I have learned from his struggles. But, I have learned much also from others. I think I will pass on the suggestion to use pm with anyone, at this time. I just want my current vanco pulsing to work!

Thanks!
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Think positively Machaon. Pulsing has worked for others.

Return to “Too Much Information”