Did you get ANY better while on Dificid?

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Did you get ANY better while on Dificid?

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:03 am

Congrats, Sophie. Soundsas thomyounsrd on the "right track."

sophie
Regular Contributor

Postby sophie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Bobbie - Thank you. One day at a time has just updated to 1 month, then 2 months at a time.

Napper
Regular User

Postby Napper » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:09 pm

Now im getting worried! I was just put on Dificid after Flygyl and Vanco t didn't work. I, too, was under the impression that Didicid was the third line of defense. If not, then I may not be cured and need the FMT. I just would like to get through the holidays feeling good!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:11 am

This is an old thread from June, you can always start a new one if you would like comments.

Dificid is the the one drug that finally worked for me and many other's on the site. I DID fail after the initial 10 day treatment and did not feel good on it. I then did a taper/pulse dose. I actually felt worse with Post IBS after Dificid for a long time.

Some can take these medications and go right back to eating their regular diet, but here also many of us with Post IBS and it can take time for the gut to heal.
Remember, even after an FMT it can take time to recover. Hopefully the Dificid will work and you won't need it

NanciT

Return to “Treatments”