Mental exhaustion

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Zapper
Regular Contributor

Mental exhaustion

Postby Zapper » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi all,
I am just having a bad day. I'm afraid I have relapsed again (still pending the stool sample result) but after so many relapses I already know when I am/am not. I ended my taper/pulse dosing on Friday. To admit I have felt quite ill on the 2nd day off meds but would feel better once I took the vanco on the 3rd day. It's now been 5 days since my last dose and having the uncontrollable bowel movements and pain. I'm nauseous and feeling dehydrated no matter how much water I drink.
On top of that I am a new mommy to a now 4 month old who is sick with the cold. I am terrified of infecting my son. I clean as much a possible but still feel like there are spores (post infectious ptsd).
I just came back to work from FMLA for pregnancy so they are not very understanding about my personal stomach issues. I feel like everything is out of control. I don't want to lose my job but I can't help miss work due to the illness and relapses.

Blah. Praying for a better day tomorrow.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Mental exhaustion

Postby NanciT » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:49 pm

So sorry to read this!! Hopefully the test with be negative! So difficult with a little one....let us know how you do!
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:13 am

If D is uncontrollable and you are getting dehydrated you should go to ER , get tested , start treatment and get some iv fluids. Do not play the "wait , watch , worry game" whit those symptoms it can be dangerous.

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Still waiting for the sample to come back.
What is strange is I feel better. I have also been taking pepto and only eating rice and avocado but overall the bowel movements stopped and so did the pain.
I would hate to think that post infectious IBS is that terrible but now I'm starting to think that's all that it was. I will definitely let everyone know if it's negative/positive result.

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 am

Well, it's safe to say I definitely have c diff again. Test result still pending but I have my usual low grade fever along with 20+ episodes of diarrhea/mucus.
It is very hard to deal with mentally right now. My baby is also sick so I am up several times a night taking care of him and now myself.
My doc ordered me back on 4 250mg daily and once he gets the positive result we will schedule the FMT.
I'm trying to stay positive but it's difficult.
When pregnant I took 2 250mg pills daily for 12 months (along with postpartum). It's very defeating that 12 months of treatment didn't even kick this thing.. only kept it at bay.
Hopefully the FMT will work. I have to apply for intermittent leave but don't know how that will work as I have already used my FMLA for my baby.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:56 am

I am so sorry to hear this is happening to you. I cannot imagine having active C Diff and caring for a baby. I wanted to tell you that I had C Diff 4 times over a 6 month period. I took Flagyl twice and Vanco twice with tapers. I responded well to meds in general, had no D, went a month fine twice off meds. But...it kept coming back. I just had my first FMT a little over a week ago. And I can tell you everything is different than the effects of the meds. Of course, there are no guarantees for me. But I feel SO MUCH better. The FMT has caused positive effects that the meds never did. I feel normal, I feel strong, I get hungry. I feel "good" and have a sense of well being. So I look back, and am thinking I was never really better. Maybe the bacteria were kept in check enough for me to not have D, but I was not "well". So, please be hopeful, and at least you have a doctor that performs the FMT procedure.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:33 pm

So sorry to hear that, but hold on, the FMT has a very high success rate. I'm glad you got tested and that you have a proactive doctor.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Pending result from Wednesday'? I would submit another sample. That really sounds like they lost your sample or result.

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:30 pm

That's what I thought too. He said it would take 3-4 business days which puts me at Monday.
I'm trying my best to be patient but it's very difficult.
I've been taking the vanco again for about 7 doses with very little improvement. I'm hoping tomorrow the 20+ bathroom trips will get better.
I've only been able to eat 1/3 cup of rice today which was better than yesterday. I guess I should be greatful for that.

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:49 am

Well I got my test result... positive.
Just waiting for the ID to call to schedule this FMT and get the all rolling.

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:31 am

In the meantime, maybe you should ask your doctor to do a Dificid taper. I saw on the other thread that you don't have access to donor bank until June?
(The taper part is important, given your history of recurrences)
My daughter was waiting for an FMT, and a Dificid course and taper was done in the meantime, and she hasn't needed the FMT. Good luck!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:51 am

A Dificid taper is a great idea , it cured lots of people on this site when flagyl and vanco failed. Do discuss about it with your doctor.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:11 am

I am so sorry to hear that you tested positive. I also think you should discuss a Dificid taper with your doctor as well. It's worth a try before the FMT. Dificid tapers have shown a lot of success with many posters on this site.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”