Fmt number 2 on Thursday

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Fmt number 2 on Thursday

Postby Davidtm » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Kind of just made myself laugh with the title of this. Number 2... Ah I hope for a day where I can go without thinking about the subject.
Anyway I haven't posted in a while. I've been kind of blue and sometimes I go dark when that happens. As some of you may know I relapsed after my December 15th fmt at the end of December. I was able to finally get in for a follow up fmt next Thursday. I'm nervous again and hate that I still have this issue. May of last year and I'm still nursing a bottle of vanco. This time 500x 4 times a day since beginning of January. I hate being on such a high dose but I feel like the Drs are trying to throw everything at it. I'm tolerating meds well other than being exhausted from months and months of taking meds every 6 hours.
I will be using my big brother again and this time hopefully no mishaps with the sample. I'm really hoping this is it. I'm beyond fed up. It's putting a strain on my lady and as much as I try to fake it I'm not a rock some days. It's hard to believe something can be so hard to beat sometimes. Anyway I hope everyone is well and I think of you all often.
I miss my life. And to anyone that beats this, has beaten it, or knows someone affected I say don't take anything for granted. I'm eager to put this behind me and be grateful for the chance to be all of me again.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: Fmt number 2 on Thursday

Postby amyc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:46 pm

I wish you the best of luck, and I am so happy you found doctors who are willing to work with your food issues and treat your case aggressively after such a long time of being misdiagnosed and ignored.

Benh
Contributor

Postby Benh » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Good luck!

nickii52
Contributor

Postby nickii52 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Luck and prayers going your way

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:38 pm

You do sound like a very strong person. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts your way. You will beat this! It will happen.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:52 am

Wishing you the very best!!!

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:58 am

I'll keep you in my prayers too and please let us know how the procedure goes. I had to have more than one FMT too. So have others. Something will work for you. It's just hard to be patient and keep your hope going, but you have to. It will work out, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes everyone. It really helps lift my spirits and get me into a good mindset for the task at hand. Clinging to any optimism I can. Will be looking forward to the day I can report in success stories. I'll get there and everyone else affected will too. Thanks again and hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:22 am

David , I'm sorry that you have to go trough all this again , I know how frustrating it can be. Hopefully this second FMT is going to be your magic bullet. Prayers all goes well!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:22 am

Let's change the saying to Second time is a charm!

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi David, I am having my first FMT next Thursday. I'm currently on Vanco for my 3rd recurrence, and decided I should go ahead and try this. Last time it recurred I was devastated. I felt like my life was snatched away from me again. It's hard to maintain optimism. It does help to read people's stories on here, because it let's me know that this this isn't hopeless, and that treatment will eventually work. I'm trying to handle my current situation with a hoping for the best and preparing for the worst mindset, but it's hard. I will be hoping for you (and me) that our upcoming procedures do the trick this time! - Melanie

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Melanie, some drs believe FMT are best for a cure but I am curious.
Have you tried Difficid or any kind of variable dosing of vancomycin (or Difficid) before scheduling the FMT?

overit
Regular User

Postby overit » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Hang in there! You will beat this!

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Thank you Georgina, Ril, overit, and Melanie. Fingers crossed :)
And Melanie good luck with your fmt! Let us know how it goes

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Thank you David :-)

Ril, I did Flagyl twice, and the 3rd time Vanco for 8 weeks including 6 week taper/pulse. I recurred after a month off meds. I am now 7 weeks into taking Vanco again. I have not tried Dificid.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”