No energy...

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
sevla
Regular Contributor

No energy...

Postby sevla » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 am

Hi everyone,

Since I got cdiff, I am tired most of the time. It gets much worse during winter months. It is hard to even wake up and do the smallest of things, which makes it hard to drag myself to work everyday, etc. It's awful... I believe that it's much harder for me during winter months because I have a cold urticaria since I got cdiff, so my body is probably working 24/7 on a fight or flee mode (I have a permanent rash behind my ears all year round and also allergies on a daily basis that causes rashes in different parts of the body - all since cdiff...)

My question is - does anyone feel exhausted all the time as well? Does anyone have any recommendation on what to take or eat to boost energy levels? I want to increase vitamin D and B intake to see if it helps...

Any recommendations or sharing of "best practices" would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: No energy...

Postby Musings » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:51 am

I would suggest seeing your doctor and running some tests to see if you are lacking in specific vitamins which might be related to the lack of energy especially if you are still on a limited diet.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:45 pm

I would also check for Epstein-Barr Virus. That can also cause extreme fatigue. Increasing Vitamin B-12 and D is a good idea too. For me, eliminating gluten from my diet also helps. I hope you feel better soon, Sevla.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:54 pm

I am tired all the time too , very low energy but maybe it's because i do not sleep well at night.I am taking multivitamins , vit D drops or alphacalcidolum ,eating well but still having very low energy. I guess we just have to accept that we will never be the same as we were before Cdiff.:(

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Same complaint - could be age.Have not felt well since our trail of trials - husband's stroke, selling house and buying another, move with lots of damage, surgery on my foot for a bone block, new neighbors who have lots of concrete statues in their yard - right under six of our windows; husband with long term resp. infection, several very ill friends; need for cataract surgery.

Maybe I am just too damn old. Used to have lots of energy. Take vitamins and calcium.

I had follow up bloodworm this summer but am not going to investigate further while doc's offices are full of people with crud,

Waiting for summer!
-

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:57 pm

My daughter had her last Dificid tablet in mid November. Before the c diff infection and relapses, she was a bundle of energy all the time, never stopped, always wanted to be out with her friends, etc. Since c diff, she is tired most of the time, and she has seriously scaled back her activities and is still tired. I'm actually concerned. I have her on a multi-vitamin, she's eating well, and we're taking it day by day. C diff sucks.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi

I think many of us that went through this at the same time are still not to "where" we used to be. It seems to be a slow process for many. I have had all the tests, VIT D is low but I take the supplement. I have days when I seem to have more energy, but if my sleep is disrupted in any way....I am wiped out. When I walk the dog( who was a pup when I was in the middle of this) I push it but still don't go near the distance I used to before CDIFF.

It may just take a long time. My daughter was in a battle with MRSA after a quick dip in a Jacuzzi at a SPA!! She is young and now months later still exhausted. I had her get tested for everything......all lab was perfect.

Hope everything else is well for you!!
NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:43 pm

I have very low energy too and never got it back after c difficile. Part of it may be age as Bobbie pointed out, but not all of it. I don't know if I will ever be back to how I was before the infection, but hopefully someday soon someone will come out with a med that kills those spores and that will make a difference.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:41 am

I'm 31 years old and sometimes I feel like I can't get out of bed , so tired.... it's not the age , it's that damn bug or as I like to call it "the joys of Cdiff"!

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:11 am

I would recommend you research mast cell disorders and consider trying to get an appointment with Dr Lawrence Afrin at the University of Minnesota medical school. You could also read his excellent book that you can buy on Amazon.com

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”