Dificid

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
nickii52
Contributor

Dificid

Postby nickii52 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:13 pm

I have a question in regards to storage for dificuid I read the directions that came with the prescription six months later and it stated not to store the prescription in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom do you think it would do anything to the medication am I just being paranoid thank you

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Dificid

Postby beth22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:41 am

Is the bottle still sealed or have you taken some? I have mine stored in a closet off the bathroom. I never opened it as I just took it along on vacation because I was testing positive after my hospital stay, but did not have D at the time. Unless it is where the room gets very steamy, it should be ok. You can always call a pharmacist and ask.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:46 am

If you mean that you took dificid 6 months ago and it was kept in the bathroom cabinet then that's way in the past and not worth worrying about.
I can't see any of your posts mentioning you have taken dificid though.

If the pills are still in the cabinet 6 months later they are possibly spoilt so don't risk taking them.

nickii52
Contributor

Postby nickii52 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:06 am

Hi Roy they were prescription that I was going to be taking but they decided to put me on Vanco instead so I have the prescription and get it there still in the regional container that they came in from the pharmacy

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:53 am

Call your pharmacist who filled the RX. Each with have an expiration date on them but they fill it and will know all information on that medication
NanciT

Return to “Treatments”