Fmt on Thursday

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Fmt on Thursday

Postby georgina » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:06 am

David
I'm so sorry you relapsed but can you do another FMT at the end of this Vanco course? Sometimes , unfortunately , more then one FMT is needed to get better , or maybe an FMT that can be done top down an bottom up at the same time.Or maybe a long course of Dificid might do the trick for you. You said that you have some diverticules , they won't cause a relapse but they are a great place for Cdiff to hide.

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:39 am

I'm hoping I can talk them into another fmt after this vanco course. My fmt dr wanted to try just the vanco before another fmt because he's had success with patients who relapsed after fmt by having them take a course of vanco. I'm not optimistic to that and would prefer to have another fmt and if that fails dificid. As far as the diverticulas if it turns out those are where the c diff is hiding out then vanco isn't going to help it. Has anyone here had diverticulas and do anything different to treat this?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:45 am

I am so sorry to read you have relapsed, I can only imagine your frustration. I did not have an FMT. At the time in 2014 I could find no one to do one. I changed GI's 3 times over the 10 months of treatment. It did all start with me and Diverticulitis. One of the GI's felt I could not get rid of it because of the diverticula. I am not sure if I believe that or if I just had a very difficult strain. I work in Healthcare. It was a long Pulse taper of Dificid that did it for me, I was scheduled in 2015 for an FMT but fortunately did not have to have it. Has your GI considered Dificid instead of Vanco?
NanciT

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 am

I hope you get better soon. I have a fmt next week and really don't know what to expect afterwards. I feel your pain some people call this a beast I call it the doodoo monster. Never in my life I would ever think I would be sick from something litterly having to do with poop. You know sometimes I'll look at my stomach and say " oh cdiff you know imma kick your butt right lol gotta stay positive OK. Watch something funny:) I know its hard. You will eventually beat this thing this is a stubborn bug but you will drop kick its butt soon OK. Now I just want to know how much of this good poop they put in you? I would like to request 1 gallon because yeaaaaaa because I don't want these folks putting anything else up my butt :/ its already a awkward experience. :) also floraster a great probiotic!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”