Fish Oil, Turmeric & Recovery

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Re: Fish Oil, Turmeric & Recovery

Postby Ashley20 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:40 pm

Interesting article! I can't eat grapefruit or grapefruit juice cause i take 3 different medications that interact with it. And i used to love eating grapefruits :/ i believe that adding the spice to your foods is better and safer than taking supplements that are concentrated. Natural remedies definitely have their side effects and dangers too.

Acres
Regular Contributor

Postby Acres » Wed May 25, 2016 10:55 pm

I have the Turmeric capsules, but I think I would rather start with the powder and sprinkle it on food - small amount, start slow...
When my current IBS drama is done, that is....

I like the idea of eating it with fish....
Scott

cdiffrun
Regular Contributor

Postby cdiffrun » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:37 am

Turmeric sounds very interesting. Regarding the best fish oil I found this website helpful!

https://labdoor.com/rankings/fish-oil

Very interesting website where all the lab tests are public versus the consumerlabs.com website which makes you pay!
C Diff run - Run Diff Run! :)

My anti C diff recurrence regiment: Daily intake of Lifeway Kefir (15-20 billion CFUs and 12 strains!), boulardii + lactobacillus probiotics (I use Nexabiotic 23 strain multi-probiotic)

ramu
Regular User

Postby ramu » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:59 pm

I popped the fish oil pills in my mouth a few times. It tasted like fish. I know, i didn't get the benefit, but it reminded me of a fish taco (yum!).

AlmaD
Brand New Poster

Postby AlmaD » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:49 am

These products are always good.

Roxanne
Regular User

Postby Roxanne » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:48 pm

I was taking Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters (Lovaza) comes in 1 gram and by prescription only in the US. I was taking 2 in the am and again at night.
Just had my FMT last week. Stopped most of my medications while the good bacteria grows. Nervous if the fish oil would lessen the effect.

http://www.rxlist.com/lovaza-drug.htm

Host24
New User

Postby Host24 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:12 am

Tumeric works fine. It is just that it needs to be taken in the right amount. In fact, all drugs do. So how are you doing now friend? Hope you are better?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:58 am

Host24
Check the date , this post is old .

simon
Brand New Poster

Postby simon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:41 am

'Sweet', your question was, in fact, a good one, despite the not so good response... There are different types of fish oils with varying levels of the different omega acids and largely-varying amount of vitamins and minerals. Some affect the guts in different ways. Some make my guts very upset, Cod liver oil does not. I have, however, heard of this issue in reverse so it is a trial and error thing. The 'best' fish oil for C. diff I find is Cod liver oil.
All that said, fish oil does have the potential to help with the repair. The most rapid repair I have had (i am in my second relapse - 5 months so far... pulsing as we speak) was gelatin. It was quite amazing, together with apple cider vinegar before each meal.
I have read on this site that it can upset some so maybe it is worth waiting until the end of the drugs... They put your guts through enough hell as it is.
Cheers, Simon
oh. p.s. Yes to Turmeric!

Return to “Treatments”