Dr. Mark Mellow - OKC

Discuss doctors, refer, doctors post here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Dr. Mark Mellow - OKC

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 pm

http://integrisok.com/cdiff

INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center R. Mark Mellow, M.D., is the medical director of INTEGRIS Digestive Health Center associated with INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center.

He does infusions. Both the donor and the "donee" need blood and stool tests for STDS, parasites, etc. and the donor needs a PCR test. They will do them in OKC at a reduced rate. In that event, you usually have to go to OKC on a Monday, wait for the test results, and have the procedure on a Friday.

His nurse's name is Amy. She is very pleasant and informative. Here is part of an Email message from her:

Hello, you will need to have pre testing done for you and your donor. We can only order those locally so I would suggest having them done where you live. First, I would have your donor tested for Cdiff by PCR. Thanks, Amy 405-713-4430 or 405-760-8097.

Dr. Mellow is a friend of Dr. Borody's. Dr. Borody known world wide for his expetise with C. diff. Dr.B. was one of the first docs (he lives in Australia) to do the infusion.

Dr. Mellow talked to me twice and but refused me as a patient because his critera is constant, watery D. (I am no longer having these symptoms - more "good day, bad day" - although I did have them this winter after I had to take ampicillin for a UTI. My timing, as usual, was not good.) His "scope" is for the sole purpose of the infusion - he doesn't do biopsies or removal of any polyps. Double check this out with him however. He has several videos - google his name to see them.

Call the center for any information.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Dr. Mark Mellow - OKC

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:08 am

Had infusion in OKC two weeks ago last Thurs. Liked the docs. and the hospital - and I normally am not fond of either. Would recommend highly.

Return to “Doctors”