Jan update

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Jan7276
Contributor

Jan update

Postby Jan7276 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 am

Hello,
Wanted to give an update. I am recovering from my 5th bout of c-diff. Had back surgery last August, put me on antibiotic and low dose Vanco. Got a UTI while in the hospital, had to take an antibiotic. Made it 3 weeks before c-diff returned, and man did it. With the exception of 3 weeks in December, I have been on Vanco since October. Have finally started a taper down dose. Have not had D since February, but still have loose stools 4-6 times a day. Around Easter, I started getting horrible lower left abdominal pain, had a CT done. I couldn't believe that it showed my stools were backed up. I just had had loose stools two days before. Had to take Miralax for a few days. That scared me to death, but I knew I had to do it. But for the most part, I'm doing well. I have good days and bad days, but the good outweigh the bad. I don't have to see the ID unless I have more problems. As we all know, it could come back without notice, that will always be in the back of my mind. I have always had IBS, that is worse. Two things I never had problems with before is headaches and insomnia, since c-diff, that's been a problem. At least the headaches are dull and I don't have them all the time. I feel that I am, finally, on the good side of c-diff. Scared to death it will come back, but at the same time not dwelling on it. I am going to be 60 years old next week, and I want my life back. My heart goes out to everyone suffering from this, know that when it's ugly, it's ugly. You will have better days, sometimes it seems like it takes forever, but it will come. I feel like I need to enjoy every good day I can get. Just take care of you, because no one else can do it. I will continue to read posts, and hope I will not have to post I have c-diff again. Fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone who has encouraged, comforted and informed me. This is a wonderful site. So glad I found it. Love to all.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”