documentary

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
ken laplace
Brand New Poster

documentary

Postby ken laplace » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm a film producer in Detroit, Michigan. My company is PVN-TV (www.pvntv.com). In 2008 C-Diff killed my 82-yr-old mother. It also killed two additional friends. All three contracted the infection from nursing home facilities. My mother was treated for C-Diff while at the facility and was eventually released following rehabilitation for hip surgery. I, nor she, was ever told about the deadly consequences of C-Diff; we had never heard of it before then. On her release in July we were not given any instructions for after-care, no prescriptions, or information in general about the potentially lethal bacteria. The nursing home insured me my mother was properly treated for c-diff and was symptom free. Less than 24 hrs. later she was found by a neighbor, passed out on the floor of her bedroom, in her own stool, in a room swarming with flies. She died of dehydration and kidney failure the following day. Her death certificate listed the cause of death as C-Diff. No attorney would take my case. No doctor would talk to me directly about her care. The nursing home would not offer up any details about C-Diff infecting their facility or about any other similar cases. Others I have spoken with experienced the same stone-walling. I have learned that this kind of treatment is nationwide. Well, if I can have my way the "dirty little secret" will be exposed. Over the past nine months I have been working on a documentary about c-diff. It features my mother's plight. But I need help. Any suggestions?

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: documentary

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:09 pm

Moved to General Discussion.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”