Lisa B New to C-Diff

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
lmbailey
Brand New Poster

Lisa B New to C-Diff

Postby lmbailey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:07 pm

New to C-Diff- 46 yo female, good health use Chiro, Acupunture and massage regularly. Came down with an ear infection May 3, 11. Saw doctor who of course gave antibotics (Amoxicillin 875 mg)- first round didn't work, started a different ab (Fluconazle 100 mg) and sent to ENT (Ears, nose, throat). ENT switched AB (Amox-Clav 875 mg)). May 31 got the flu (or so I thought). Started with nausa, dizziness and cramping. Soon fever and diarrhea hit. Complicating matters I was 400 miles from home to attend a conference. Spent next 48 hours holed up in hotel drinking only water between bouts of diarrhea. My son flew to get me and drive me home. A good friend is a RN, who has gone holistic. She recommended I call the doctor/ENT which I did on Friday morning. Stop taking AB and start eating was the message. Was told to have yogurt and take a new AB (Metronidazole/Flagil 500 mb) That sent the diarrhea into overdrive. After 11 bouts that day I went to the ER. Thankfully I was not dehydrated and electrolytes were good. They took a stool sample and sent me home. After only one dose of the Flagil, I decided not to take it anymore. Started taking mega doses of probiotics -doubled the recommendated amount and went on clear liquid diet. Friday had a total of 17 bouts of diarrhea, Saturday only four and none since.

Monday the hosptal called with the news that it is/was c-diff. My friend found a natropath in AZ (where she lives) who recommended two weeks of the following:

saccharomyces boulardii 50cc- 3 capsules 3x a day

MMF Replete 1/2 packet 2x day mixed with water

Still taking mega probiotics and today got my shipment of products.

My regular doctor is VERY unhappy that I refused the last AB. So, I have found an MD locally that is willing to work with me without using antibotics to treat the C-diff! I see him this week. I am also trying a vegan diet as I read out on the net that c-diff loves dairy, meats and sugar. Gonna starve the bastards!

Lastly- I probably contracted the C-diff during visits to my mother in law during her battle wtih cancer last year. She died of a bacterial infection of the intestines that was diagnosed too late (probably c-diff) last March.
Lisa
"And this too shall pass"

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”