Donna's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
donnac
New User

Donna's Case History

Postby donnac » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:02 pm

As I write this I feel that I am at my wit's end.
Compared to many, I am sure that I am fortunate. The week of June 20th this year, I noticed I had blood in my stool. The doctor insisted I had strained and had nothing to worry about. The 27th of June at 7 minutes until 6 pm, I had diarrhea and every muscle in my body ached. I thought it was a stroke. The doctor insisted the next day it was a virus. When I questioned the connection of the two symptoms, he advised me to see my surgeon. I was fine for a week, but the diarrhea, mucus, and blood in my stool returned. The muscle aches started again--but the symptoms were less severe. My stool was no longer green but orange. The symptoms went away again, and each time returned a little weaker. After a colonoscopy, I was diagnosed with pseudomembranous colitis. No, I had not been on any antibiotics. The muscle and joint pain caused another doctor to test for lupus and arthritis, and I tested negative for each. The use of flagyl gave me severe diarrhea. My symptoms go away for as often as a week to ten days, I go to the gym, teach school, and enjoy life. The symptoms return--always weaker and for a shorter period of time. I am frustrated and sometimes a little depressed.

donnac
New User

Postby donnac » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:47 pm

The vancocin worked! Two rounds and I feel better than ever!

I have had some cramps that the doctor believes could be IBS from everything my body has been through. He is sending me to a GI. Two weeks off of the vanco and I am great! (I had earlier thought he would put me on a third round.)

I am running four to five miles a day. My miles are down to ten minutes each. I just hope my continuing feelings of being out of sorts with minor cramping after I eat will be nothing serious.

donnac
New User

Postby donnac » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:41 pm

Good news! I tested negative for cdiff! I still feel a little different, but terrific when compared to this summer!

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”