Introducing myself

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
J9violinmom
Regular User

Introducing myself

Postby J9violinmom » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello Everyone,
My name is Jeannine and I live in Prairie Village Kansas. I thought I would introduce myself before I posed a question, so here is my story.

In Nov. I travelled with my 2 1/2 year old to Virginia to help take care of my ailing mother. Well, she ended up taking care of me because I came down with what I thought was food posisoning, but was really a nasty case of c-diff! They put me in the hospital for 3 days mostly because I had no doctor being from out of state, and they weren't sure what was wrong with me at first. They didn't suspect c-diff since I hadn't be on any antibiotics prior to the illness, but the test came back positive. After being on IV cipro (they said that I had a bit of a UTI) and flagyl for a day and a half they took me of the IV and just gave me the flagyl. I was sick as a dog with the flagyl, but managed to get home (my husband drove the trip straight to get me and take me home) and never felt totally better so after 2 weeks off of the meds I went in for another test. It was pos. so my GI doctor gave me liquid Vanco, which my husband said that I sucked every last drop down like I used to suck the last bit of wine out of a glass!! I finished it up on the 23rd of Dec. but still feel wierd and sickly. After 2 neg. and 2 not able to do (the stools were too fortmed, sorry TMI) tests they say it's just either post infection IBS or as of last week a mild case which they are treating with Pepto (my new favorite thing). This website saved my sanity. It enabled me to be positve when I forgot what that was like. I am still scared, but I take each day at a time and know I am better.

Thank you to Amanda for helping me join this site and her kind words. And to all the amazing people who post or comment here daily.
Sincerely, Jeannine (J9violinmom)

J9violinmom
Regular User

Re: Introducing myself

Postby J9violinmom » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:12 am

Justa quick update.
I still take probiotics and try to eat healthier (not always an easy thing for me) and now 5 monthes after my initial diagnosis I am doing okay. I have had many times that I thought, oh no is this a realpse?!, but it always cleared up and have not had to take any more vanco. I definatley think cutting my sugar intake way down, drinking kefir everyday, and eating foods like spinach and oatmeal REALLY help aid in a good digestive system. For all of you newly diagnosed this sight is a God send, so I wanted to post something positive for all of you to hold on to!

Jeannine

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”