pleasehelp's case history

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
pleasehelp
Regular User

pleasehelp's case history

Postby pleasehelp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi everyone, I should have joined this part of the forum a long time ago instead of always posting in the other sections of the forum.

Basically, I got c diff in January 2009 after taking antibiotics for a sore throat. As a side note, I should of had the throat swab test done prior to the antibiotics for strep throat, but I thought nothing would happen. One antibiotic left, and then it hit me like a ton of bricks - c diff. My symptoms included diarrhea, some abdominal pains (at this point I thought I had an upset stomach and it would go away itself), and then bloody diarrhea, bad abdominal pains, vomitting. If I was older, I think this would have surely ended me, but then again it also feels weird to go through this at 21.

After a round of flagyl, the bloody diarrhea and abdominal pains went away. It took some time for the stools to return to any state of being 'normal'. Also, I should mention I had a stool test, urine test, blood test and chest x ray done at the hospital.

After c diff, my life hasnt been the same yet, I told my doctor I was still feeling nausea, feeling tired, 'sick', weight loss, my head doesnt feel completely there, and stools havent been the same since. Stool tests were coming back negative for c diff, colitis anc toxins, and the blood tests were coming back fine as well. Frustrated, I tried some alternative things such as: live blood analysis - I know this is accepted by the medical community, but it seems to have something going on there to me personally. Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture - it didnt do anything for me, I wouldnt suggest this. Colon cleansing diet - I read you shouldnt do this since you may relapse, my mistake, wouldnt suggest.

Recently, I got the tests results back from my Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis from a Natuopathic clinic. The test yeilded some interesting things: there was no Lactobacillus species found, some Bifo, a potential pathogen called Enterobacter cloacae, low pH, but no indication of inflammation was found.

The doctor is getting me an appointment with the GI, and I have an abdominal ultrasound scheduled for next week. Im totally freaked out that theres something really wrong with me and that its going to end it for me... I wouldnt be too worried, but Ive been experiencing a flushing sound in my right ear ever since c diff (I think its called pulsating tinnitus after some internet reading and the causes are pretty scary) - more precisely after flagyl. The ND also suspects an adrenal deficiency.

Ive been feeling some sensitivity on my lower left abdominal area, it feels weird to sleep on the left since it makes me more nauseated, and sometimes some minor discomfort on th left near the belly button. I hope the ultrasound can shed some light on this for me.

This goes beyond frustration, it feels like a sense of hopelessness and impending doom. Ill keep on updating, and I want to thank everyone thats helped me out on this forum so far.

pleasehelp
Regular User

Postby pleasehelp » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi everyone, I thought I'd update on how things are going so far. I had my abdominal ultrasound done at St. Paul's hospital, and my doctor told me everything was fine in it.

I also got an appointment with the GI for Jan 14th, this will be my first GI appoinment. I am also going to try and get an appointment with the ENT doctor since the flushing noise in my right ear hasnt gone away - the doctor told me its fluid in the eustachian tube, this happened right after c diff/the meds so thats atleast since april 09 (I think its called Pulsatile Tinnitus).

Im pretty sure the GI will do some scopes, the one that Im sorta worried about is the one where they put it up your nose and into your throat just because I think it would make my want to throw up. Have people had this done and what can I expect?

My doctor is insisting that the GI wont be able to help me because hes saying im just too worried/anxiety, and told my dad he thinks I should take an anxiety med and that I'll be better in 6 months. But, I dont believe that. Any ideas on this?

pleasehelp
Regular User

Postby pleasehelp » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:31 pm

oh sorry roy, I without thinking asked some questions in here which got a reply. Wont do that again.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”