Vikingjeff28's case history

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Vikingjeff28's case history

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Took Clyndamicin for infection and developed C diff in Sept 08. I was going to Bathroom 30-40 times a day for a few days before I gave in and went to dr. I was self treating at home, did not even know C diff existed. I ended up in hospital for 30 days total from Sept 08-Dec 08. I had Pseudo Colitis, lost 35 pounds, rashes, irregular heartbeat, thrush, the works. Took 3 courses of flagyl, only 5 days of liquid vanco in hospital and then Xifaxin for 10 days. I slowly recovered, gained my weight back and then out of nowhere, relapsed again in Sept. 09. I am now on 8 week tapering course of Vanco.

pleasehelp
Regular User

Postby pleasehelp » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:53 pm

hey jeff, reading your story sounds a lot like mine. I took antibiotics (without having a test done first) for strep throat, when I had like 1 antibiotic left I got diarrhea, bad abdominal pains, bloody diarrhea, vomitting (total of like 3-4 days before going to the hospital) also because I didnt know about C diff and thought itll go away itself.

Sorry to hear about the relapse - that really sucks dude.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:31 pm

Same here, treating me for tonsilitis, lucky me, allergic the Penicillin so he gave me Clinda and said not word one about it being very powerful and hard on the gut.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”